• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked N2FL Ranks the 2017 Commits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebraska used a FB in 2015. They were as close to nonexistent in the 2016 offense as could be.

I think Janovich's reputation might overshadow how little he was actually used in the 2015 offense as well. He had 42 total rushes and 2 catches. I can't imagine Miles getting much more attention than that. I agree, Miles is maybe the best FB in this class - but he's still a FB. That position is being all but phased out of modern day football. LONG GONE are the days of a FB being lined up in the backfield on every running down like they used to be. The FB spot is a specialized position now with particular packages involving them. They come in on short yardage and goal line situations for the most part. If Miles weren't such a versatile athlete capable of flexing out to H-back or even running the ball a bit ala Imani Cross/Janovich, I would be completely against him getting a scholarship at all.

His ceiling is about what Janovich brought to the table, which in hindsight might have been more on special teams. Miles might be different, but looking at history and how much an NFL talent like Janovich was used, Ben Miles won't be used very much to warrant a higher grade (IMPO).

Fair enough, you make a good argument

You know, because its been a topic of discussion.....

Average Height of top WR class by school:
1 Alabama- 6'2"
2 Michigan- 6'2.5" (5 signees)
3 Oklahoma - 6'1.5"
4 Georgia - 6'2.5"
5 aTm - 6'1.5"
6 DONU - 6'
7 tOSU - 6'3"
8 Miami - 6'
9 South Carolina - 6'2"
10 Washington - 6'2"

Now you've done it.

OK N2FL it's been a day where is the ratings? Also can we throw the walkons int the final rankings. (Know they will all be towards the bottom just curious who you think might have a real shot)

1. DE Jordan Paup
2. DL Ben Lingenfelter
3. WR Kade Warner
4. OL Hunter Miller
5. OL Trent Hixson
6. QB Andrew Bunch
7. Ath Dylan Reynolds
8. WR Ethan Cox
9. LB Cody Liske

*K Cole Frahm. Like you probably know, I don't include kickers/punters/long snappers in my rankings. I look at them individually and Frahm seems like a very nice walk-on. Someone you can redshirt and develop and hopefully allows you to replace Drew Brown without using a scholarship to do it.

Last edited:

1. DE Jordan Paup
2. DL Ben Lingenfelter
3. WR Kade Warner
4. OL Hunter Miller
5. OL Trent Hixson
6. QB Andrew Bunch
7. Ath Dylan Reynolds
8. WR Ethan Cox
9. LB Cody Liske

*K Cole Frahm. Like you probably know, I don't include kickers/punters/long snappers in my rankings. I look at them individually and Frahm seems like a very nice walk-on. Someone you can redshirt and develop and hopefully allows you to replace Drew Brown without using a scholarship to do it.

How much film of these guys do you watch?

Last edited:
How much film of these guys do you watch?
Not being a SA here but does it matter how much film he watches? This part is just for fun. It is safe to say that recruiting is a crap shoot and walkons are generally like betting 00 on the roulette wheel. Does not hit that often but when they do... :Banana::Corn2::Cheer2::Cheer2::Cheers:

Not being a SA here but does it matter how much film he watches? This part is just for fun. It is safe to say that recruiting is a crap shoot and walkons are generally like betting 00 on the roulette wheel. Does not hit that often but when they do... :Banana::Corn2::Cheer2::Cheer2::Cheers:
I'm just trying to determine if he has a problem or not. :Biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back