• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked N2FL Ranks the 2017 Commits

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the lazy. ;)

1. WR Tyjon Lindsey (Nevada)
2. LB Avery Roberts (Delaware)
3. CB Elijah Blades (California)
4. QB Tristan Gebbia (California)
5. WR Keyshawn Johnson Jr. (California)
6. WR Jaevon McQuitty (Missouri)
7. OLB Guy Thomas (Florida)
8. DL Deontre Thomas (Oklahoma)
9. OL Matt Sichterman (Ohio)
10. OT Brenden Jaimes (Texas)
11. NG Damion Daniels (Texas)
12. DL Deiontae Watts (Texas)
13. TE Kurt Rafdal (Indiana)
14. LB Willie Hampton (Florida)
15. LB Andrew Ward (Michigan)
16. FB Ben Miles (Louisiana)
17. OL Broc Bando (Nebraska)
18. RB Jaylen Bradley (Nebraska)
19. OL Chris Walker (Nebraska)
20. TE Austin Allen (Nebraska)

The top 12 guys in this class are very solid. Most, if not all, of those guys would have been welcomed at places like Ohio St., Michigan, Oklahoma, Texas, Florida St., etc.

The bottom 8 feel more like projects, but I would stop short of calling any of them reaches. Within that group, it's certainly hard to argue with taking the #1 Fullback in the country who happens to be the son of a prominent football coach. It's also nice to see some in-state kids in there too, even if they are toward the lower end of the class rankings.

Great write-up N2FL. Thanks!

I might put Miles at 18 but in all honesty you could take the last five put their name in a hat pull them out in any order and you could make an argument for putting them at that spot. They all have a ton of potential and are not "top" picks in their own right. But like a lot of the guys this staff has brought in. They could very well because of their potential be the best in the class. Especially bradley and Allen. They may well be the steals of the class.

I thought you were a little low on the TE's and RB's as I think Bradley was under rated due to grades and Miles is probably the best FB and we use a FB. I also think Allen is under rated and I think Rafdal is an elite TE and since he didn't go to all the camps his ratings weren't as high. The rest is spot on. Thanks for all of your contributions

Those statements are true for a rating service that is basing list off of offers and camp. If I am not mistaken, @N2FL uses mainly highlight/game tape? Likely other available info like stats and camp reports and a bit of measurements that he can get his hands on?

So in theory, larger services are going to not rank Bradley or pay attention to him as told, not likely to to make it to campus. He learns is a Nebraska commit and watches the tape and slots him. Bradley did not camp, to my knowledge so offer list small and other measurable not out there? If we were to lean that Bradley had a 145.0 sparq, to go along with his tape, then my guess is his number is higher.

What are the top list of information you want on a player outside of game tape @N2FL when doing a player eval?

Last edited:

Also, McQuitty and G. Thomas are the first two listed not in the top 300? How far off of that are they? What would have been the "it" that they could have had to push them into this group?

I like that our recruit rated 14th, W. Hampton has a SPARQ of 117. Who else do we know their sparq score and what is it?

Those statements are true for a rating service that is basing list off of offers and camp. If I am not mistaken, @N2FL uses mainly highlight/game tape? Likely other available info like stats and camp reports and a bit of measurements that he can get his hands on?

So in theory, larger services are going to not rank Bradley or pay attention to him as told, not likely to to make it to campus. He learns is a Nebraska commit and watches the tape and slots him. Bradley did not camp, to my knowledge so offer list small and other measurable not out there? If we were to lean that Bradley had a 145.0 sparq, to go along with his tape, then my guess is his number is higher.

What are the top list of information you want on a player outside of game tape @N2FL when doing a player eval?

I evaluate a HS prospect for college the same way I project a college kid for the NFL. I look at game tape first and foremost. I also take into account how a kid does at All-Star games (especially the practices leading up to the game) like the US Army Game and Under Armour Game. Much like NFL scouts look at how college kids perform during the Senior Bowl game (and mostly practices). And much like the NFL combine, I look at how well kids test and look at the Rivals and Opening camps across the country during the summer. I also get reports of how kids do at college camps.

I evaluate a HS prospect for college the same way I project a college kid for the NFL. I look at game tape first and foremost. I also take into account how a kid does at All-Star games (especially the practices leading up to the game) like the US Army Game and Under Armour Game. Much like NFL scouts look at how college kids perform during the Senior Bowl game (and mostly practices). And much like the NFL combine, I look at how well kids test and look at the Rivals and Opening camps across the country during the summer. I also get reports of how kids do at college camps.

Which is what I thought, just comments on offers and test scores are used a lot to explain rankings from the major services, and wanted to make a point that wasn't part of your evals. :Biggrin:

I like that our recruit rated 14th, W. Hampton has a SPARQ of 117. Who else do we know their sparq score and what is it?

A couple quick ones I found. I could not find Roberts, although several articles show he had the "highest sparq rating at the camp."

Lindsey 129.33
Blades 103.17
McQuitty 72.66

A couple quick ones I found. I could not find Roberts, although several articles show he had the "highest sparq rating at the camp."

Lindsey 129.33
Blades 103.17
McQuitty 72.66

Saw that D. Peoples-jones had a 149. :eek:

Awesome, where would you put your tiers for recruits? I think those top 7 are unbelievable and could be all in the top tier, but here's mine:

1-3
4-7
8-13
14-16
17-20

5 splits? I'd go with 3 given the inherent guesswork involved. Only obvious break is the list is between 7-8. And I'm not sure how obvious that is.... given different positions, and my inability to evaluate. That break maybe due more to hype and signing buzz.

1-7
8-14
15-20

https://forum.huskermax.com/index.php?articles/2017-recruiting-class-summary.102/

I welcome any discussion, (constructive) criticisms, debating, questions, etc....

Curious, I agree with most of the grades you gave out at the position groups but I was a little surprised to see TE at a C+. IIRC, you had said you had Rafdal over Leitao so I feel that swap benefitted us and your grade. I believe the only other guys we were in the final for were Falo and Robinson. Did we miss here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back