• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked N2FL Ranks the 2017 Commits

Status
Not open for further replies.

How would you rank the commits? Gebbia, Roberts (1 & 2), Austin Allen #12. How about the rest? I'm just curious.

1. LB Avery Roberts (Delaware) - recruited by Trent Bray
2. QB Tristan Gebbia (California) - recruited by Danny Langsdorf
3. WR Tyjon Lindsey (Nevada) - recruited by Keith Williams
4. WR Jaevon McQuitty (Missouri) - recruited by Keith Williams
5. DE Guy Thomas (Florida) - recruited by Brian Stewart and John Parrella
6. WR Keyshawn Johnson Jr. (California) - recruited by Keith Williams
7. OL Matt Sichterman (Ohio) - recruited by Mike Cavanaugh
8. OT Brenden Jaimes (Texas) - recruited by Mike Cavanaugh
9. DT Deiontae Watts (Texas) - recruited by John Parrella and Mark Banker
10. DT Deontre Thomas (Oklahoma) - recruited by John Parrella
11. LB Andrew Ward (Michigan) - recruited by Trent Bray
12. TE Austin Allen (Nebraska) - recruited by Danny Langsdorf
13. RB Jaylin Bradley (Nebraska) - recruited by Reggie Davis
14. OL Broc Bando (Florida by way of Nebraska) - recruited by Mike Cavanaugh
15. LB Willie Hampton (Florida) - recruited by Trent Bray
16. FB Ben Miles (Louisiana) - recruited by Reggie Davis and Tavita Thompson
17. OL Chris Walker (Nebraska) - recruited by Mike Cavanaugh

1. LB Avery Roberts (Delaware) - recruited by Trent Bray
2. QB Tristan Gebbia (California) - recruited by Danny Langsdorf
3. WR Tyjon Lindsey (Nevada) - recruited by Keith Williams
4. WR Jaevon McQuitty (Missouri) - recruited by Keith Williams
5. DE Guy Thomas (Florida) - recruited by Brian Stewart and John Parrella
6. WR Keyshawn Johnson Jr. (California) - recruited by Keith Williams
7. OL Matt Sichterman (Ohio) - recruited by Mike Cavanaugh
8. OT Brenden Jaimes (Texas) - recruited by Mike Cavanaugh
9. DT Deiontae Watts (Texas) - recruited by John Parrella and Mark Banker
10. DT Deontre Thomas (Oklahoma) - recruited by John Parrella
12. TE Austin Allen (Nebraska) - recruited by Danny Langsdorf
14. OL Broc Bando (Florida by way of Nebraska) - recruited by Mike Cavanaugh
15. LB Willie Hampton (Florida) - recruited by Trent Bray
16. FB Ben Miles (Louisiana) - recruited by Reggie Davis and Tavita Thompson
17. OL Chris Walker (Nebraska) - recruited by Mike Cavanaugh
I don't think I have a problem putting Allen 12th like you do (even though i'm closer to N2FL thinking he should be near the bottom). The problem with putting him where you did (in my opinion) is you have him rated higher than Bradley, Miles, and Hampton coming off a knee injury. You may well end up right, but I think that's where a lot of the problem ranking him comes into play. His junior film is not better than Hampton or Miles' and he sure isn't playing the same competition, but to your point, his possible ceiling is very high which is why I don't really have an issue with him there.

I don't think I have a problem putting Allen 12th like you do (even though i'm closer to N2FL thinking he should be near the bottom). The problem with putting him where you did (in my opinion) is you have him rated higher than Bradley, Miles, and Hampton coming off a knee injury. You may well end up right, but I think that's where a lot of the problem ranking him comes into play. His junior film is not better than Hampton or Miles' and he sure isn't playing the same competition, but to your point, his possible ceiling is very high which is why I don't really have an issue with him there.
I noted in my earlier post (#324) that I'd put him 12th assuming the injury was coming along fine. Obviously that could hamper him throughout his career, as it could Lindsey. I think that he will be a special player for us if the injury doesn't prevent it. But hey, as I said earlier EVERYONE, including the services, are just guessing...no one knows. That's why no one goes back to re-visit the rankings from 2, 3 or 4 years ago...as many misses as hits on the rankings.

Last edited:

I noted in my earlier post (#324) that I'd put him 12th assuming the injury was coming along fine. Obviously that could hamper him throughout his career, as it could Lindsey. I think that he will be a special player for us if the injury doesn't prevent it. But hey, as I said earlier EVERYONE, including the services, are just guessing...no one knows. That's why no one goes back to re-visit the rankings from 2, 3 or 4 years ago...as many misses as hits on the rankings.
Based on a guess wasn't a satisfying answer. Was hoping for, good hands, body to develop, body control. Your guess may turn out right or wrong, but I could do a list of off guessing to and nobody should care. What do you see to justify your guesses is what I am after.

Based on a guess wasn't a satisfying answer. Was hoping for, good hands, body to develop, body control. Your guess may turn out right or wrong, but I could do a list of off guessing to and nobody should care. What do you see to justify your guesses is what I am after.
Great size, good speed, excellent hands and, being a Nebraskan, likely outstanding work ethic. What more could you want? I watch his tapes and I think he looks great, but I'm not gonna BS you like some posters do out here and act as an expert...there are very few of those. That why I will repeat that most guys that do rankings are bad at it, that's why they rarely re-visit old rankings. EVERYONE is guessing including the coaches.

Great size, good speed, excellent hands and, being a Nebraskan, likely outstanding work ethic. What more could you want? I watch his tapes and I think he looks great, but I'm not gonna BS you like some posters do out here and act as an expert...there are very few of those. That why I will repeat that most guys that do rankings are bad at it, that's why they rarely re-visit old rankings. EVERYONE is guessing including the coaches.

Thanks for replying with your rankings earlier, GFOA.

I think Allen's basketball background, along with his height, will make him a big time threat inside the red zone if he can get healthy and can get up to around 260-265 lbs. I hope that his recovery is coming along well.

I've got Calvin at #........ 6-7? This is getting harder.

Break Point 1: 1-3
Break Point 2: 4-10
Break Point 3: 11-17

Was going to use the word "tier".... But I am really just guess at were there might be a more obvious dip and tier sounds like something more.
Excited for this class and likely frustrated if @N2FL goes with the "I'll give my update on signing day" routine again! :Biggrin:

Back in the beginning:
1. WR Keyshawn Johnson Jr. (California) - recruited by Keith Williams
2. WR Jaevon McQuitty (Missouri) - recruited by Keith Williams
3. LB Willie Hampton (Florida) - recruited by Trent Bray

Soild top three to start. Imagine getting some recruits that move the top one down two or three spots.

Before Jamire:
1. WR Tyjon Lindsey (Nevada) - recruited by Keith Williams
*2. LB Avery Roberts (Delaware) - recruited by Trent Bray
*3. QB Tristan Gebbia (California) - recruited by Danny Langsdorf
*4. WR Keyshawn Johnson Jr. (California) - recruited by Keith Williams
*5. WR Jaevon McQuitty (Missouri) - recruited by Keith Williams
6. DT Deiontae Watts (Texas) - recruited by John Parrella and Mark Banker
7. DE Guy Thomas (Florida) - recruited by Brian Stewart and John Parrella
8. OL Matt Sichterman (Ohio) - recruited by Mike Cavanaugh
9. DT Deontre Thomas (Oklahoma) - recruited by John Parrella
10. OT Brenden Jaimes (Texas) - recruited by Mike Cavanaugh
12. LB Willie Hampton (Florida) - recruited by Trent Bray
14. FB Ben Miles (Louisiana) - recruited by Reggie Davis and Tavita Thompson
*15. OL Broc Bando (Florida by way of Nebraska) - recruited by Mike Cavanaugh
16. TE Austin Allen (Nebraska) - recruited by Danny Langsdorf

Isn't this fun??

Sorry guys. My next update will coincide with my review of the 2017 class. Should be Thursday or Friday depending on a few projects I am working on for a couple people...

Sorry guys. My next update will coincide with my review of the 2017 class. Should be Thursday or Friday depending on a few projects I am working on for a couple people...
@Native...we can still have a good time. It will be okay that we have to wait, especially with the other recruits who are going to be :N:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back