• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Michael Jacobson to transfer

With his aggressiveness, ability to play far bigger than he is, if he can develop a Midrange jumpers, and shows the ability to cover a 3, he could find a spot in the NBA. Jmho
He is an instinctive and aggressive rebounder, not necessarily something that can be learned. He's shown he can play post d against bigger guys. He's the kind of guy you don't have to run any offense around and he can still score points, sort of a garbage man. It's a long shot but I agree, stranger things have happened than a kid like Morrow playing overseas, developing some nuance, and working his way into the league. It's too bad he's not a legit 6'8.

With his aggressiveness, ability to play far bigger than he is, if he can develop a Midrange jumpers, and shows the ability to cover a 3, he could find a spot in the NBA. Jmho
Certainly if he develops...quite a bit. But right now he's a dime-a-dozen. I don't mean that as an insult because he's a good college basketball player...but there is no shortage of guys with his size and athletic ability with better offensive skills that can't get a sniff in the NBA

Certainly if he develops...quite a bit. But right now he's a dime-a-dozen. I don't mean that as an insult because he's a good college basketball player...but there is no shortage of guys with his size and athletic ability with better offensive skills that can't get a sniff in the NBA
Also very true.

That's a lot of "ifs". When does he have to show those rather than power dribble TOs against Wisconsin? I wish Morrow would have stayed, but he and some fans seem to have an unrealistic view of his game.

But having Watson, Taylor, Palmer, Gill, McVeigh, Copeland, Roby, and Jordy (and Nana?) still gives us a decent nucleus it would appear. This is the point where it would be nice if we could have held on to one of either Morrow or Jacobsen as they could have come off the bench behind Jordy. As of now, we'll definitely need another big. But if Copeland is all he's cracked up to be, he's probably starting at the 4, and where does that leave either Morrow or Jacobsen besides coming off the bench?

Copeland is listed at 20 pounds lighter than Jacobson, appears to be a perimeter player and is coming off back surgery. The only big is Jordy and I suspect he will be in regular foul trouble. There's no hope of competing in a conference like the B1G with that roster. The bigger problem, though, isn't the 2017-18 season but the 2018-19 season. Gill and Taylor will be gone (unless Gill gets a medical). It's hard to imagine any player that really belongs in a Power Five conference signing in the early period this fall. If the season goes as poorly as expected, we'll have a new coach with a minimum of seven open scholarships and no time to recruit. This rosy scenario assumes Watson and Roby don't bolt. I don't have much hope in the grad transfer market. Those guys often are leaving for a reason. The transfer strategy got us one fluky run but has generally been detrimental to building a cohesive team. Eichorst won't get fired over basketball but retaining a losing coach when half the team is ready to transfer has to be in the Top 10 most boneheaded decisions in the history of college athletic administration. Unfortunately, UNL might have more than one entry on that Top 10 list over the last 15 years.

Last edited:
Copeland is listed at 20 pounds lighter than Jacobson, appears to be a perimeter player and is coming off back surgery. The only big is Jordy and I suspect he will be in regular foul trouble. There's no hope of competing in a conference like the B1G with that roster. The bigger problem, though, isn't the 2017-18 season but the 2018-19 season. Gill and Taylor will be gone (unless Gill gets a medical). It's hard to imagine any player that really belongs in a Power Five conference signing in the early period this fall. If the season goes as poorly as expected, we'll have a new coach with a minimum of seven open scholarships and no time to recruit. This rosy scenario assumes Watson and Roby don't bolt. I don't have much hope in the grad transfer market. Those guys often are leaving for a reason. The transfer strategy got us one fluky run but has generally been detrimental to building a cohesive team. Eichorst won't get fired over basketball but retaining a losing coach when half the team is ready to transfer has to be in the Top 10 most boneheaded decisions in the history of college athletic administration. Unfortunately, UNL might have more than one entry on that Top 10 list over the last 15 years.

Yeah Copeland is more of a 3-4 rather than a 4-5 player. And you are right with Jordy in foul trouble. Not to mention the added question of whether Copeland even plays until Jan 1st or not (waiting on waiver).

I dont know how you got to 7 open schollys though. I thought we have 3 now, then add two more from seniors? Plus we will FOR SURE be adding some grad transfers this year, as well as some mediocre JUCO or HS kid to fill one. That said a grad transfer may possibly be a SR as well which is fine by me. Either way your point still stands, a new coach will have a handful of open schollys and I think it's nice if Watson and Roby and Jordy are here for him. However, no telling what those guys may do if Miles is let go, since he recruited them all and his staff will be gone.

Does anyone think that if UNL offered Logan Strom, Isaiah Chandler, or maybe Landon Walker a scholarship that they might take it? Strom and Walker are guys they might have tried to get to walk-on in the past, but UNL could just use the size and home state motivation at the moment. I dislike filling scholarships with warm bodies, but I think these guys have some potential. Strom and Walker could at least play TE if nothing else. :)

Yeah Copeland is more of a 3-4 rather than a 4-5 player. And you are right with Jordy in foul trouble. Not to mention the added question of whether Copeland even plays until Jan 1st or not (waiting on waiver).

I dont know how you got to 7 open schollys though. I thought we have 3 now, then add two more from seniors? Plus we will FOR SURE be adding some grad transfers this year, as well as some mediocre JUCO or HS kid to fill one. That said a grad transfer may possibly be a SR as well which is fine by me. Either way your point still stands, a new coach will have a handful of open schollys and I think it's nice if Watson and Roby and Jordy are here for him. However, no telling what those guys may do if Miles is let go, since he recruited them all and his staff will be gone.
4 open scholarships right now which includes Nana.

Interesting list. A little PAC, a little ACC, Mo Valley and Atlantic 10. I don't know if he's a great ACC fit, because I always see so much speed even with the inside players, but could see him competing a little better in the other 3. If he really sees himself as more of a 3 or 4, then I definitely think he's going to have to improve his quickness in some of those conferences.

Interesting list. A little PAC, a little ACC, Mo Valley and Atlantic 10. I don't know if he's a great ACC fit, because I always see so much speed even with the inside players, but could see him competing a little better in the other 3. If he really sees himself as more of a 3 or 4, then I definitely think he's going to have to improve his quickness in some of those conferences.

WSU moves to the AAC. No biggie, but maybe a slightly higher profile than MVC.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back