• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #3, (W, 80-57), Wed, 11/14 vs Seaton Hall (#40) (1-0), @ PBA, 6:30pm CT, BTN

The scary thing is that we probably bounce them by 30 if Roby actually played in the first half or the refs didn’t swing that game by 7+ points.

Oh well, a win is a win.

But it's a great sign to win a game going away when Roby was essentially a non-factor. Borchardt played great. His stat line won't look gaudy but he was really solid. There were some truly bizarre/ awful calls in that game. This looks like a pretty mentally tough team and there are enough scoring options to give most anyone trouble.

Great start to the season. They seem to have a little "Unfinished Business" mentality.

But it's a great sign to win a game going away when Roby was essentially a non-factor. Borchardt played great. His stat line won't look gaudy but he was really solid. There were some truly bizarre/ awful calls in that game. This looks like a pretty mentally tough team and there are enough scoring options to give most anyone trouble.

Great start to the season. They seem to have a little "Unfinished Business" mentality.

You mean a "Revenge Tour" to mock the Michigan football team.

Just got back from the game. That was an ANGRY crowd. I don't know what the Tom Hill the refs were on, but wow. It's always different live, so someone tell me how the refereeing looked on the TV.

Impressions: Nana is not money, and it's going to be risky to play him much when he's not on. Even JPJ passes the ball sometimes. Nana does not. Amir and Palmer both had drives where you knew they were going to take it to the rim before they crossed the three point line (neither was successful). Really want to see those guys keep their heads up and dump the ball off.

EDIT: should mention that Borchardt and Heiman both played like they belong on the floor. Heiman is beginning to look like the next Brandon Ubel - great sense of the game, good athlete, nice hustle. Borchardt is all hustle and preparation, and he's getting rebounds and setting screens.

This team has enough good players to survive when one or two are cold. And isn't it fun! Bring on the next challenge. GBR

Last edited:
Just got back from the game. That was an ANGRY crowd. I don't know what the Tom Hill the refs were on, but wow. It's always different live, so someone tell me how the refereeing looked on the TV.

Impressions: Nana is not money, and it's going to be risky to play him much when he's not on. Even JPJ passes the ball sometimes. Nana does not. Amir and Palmer both had drives where you knew they were going to take it to the rim before they crossed the three point line (neither was successful). Really want to see those guys keep their heads up and dump the ball off.

EDIT: should mention that Borchardt and Heiman both played like they belong on the floor. Heiman is beginning to look like the next Brandon Ubel - great sense of the game, good athlete, nice hustle. Borchardt is all hustle and preparation, and he's getting rebounds and setting screens.

This team has enough good players to survive when one or two are cold. And isn't it fun! Bring on the next challenge. GBR

It probably looked worse on TV because of the slow-motion instant replay lol.

I saw some good, some not so good tonight. The slow start made my stomach hurt. The defense was solid, but SHU is a dreadful shooting team. One thing I really appreciated was Copeland being very comfortable shooting his midrange jumper. I know Miles is all gung-ho with shooting 3s, but that’s a guy who is much better from midrange. With our defense from 3 point range, we don’t have to rely as heavily on shooting 3s, and I hope Miles considers that when game planning.

played cards, so just looked on the cell phone for scores. I intend to watch the game tomorrow, if not tonite. Even in the pros, the refs are full of themselves, at time!! Seems to me, no respect for our Huskers continue!!

Hey, a win is a win. AS far as the polls, the AP has no respect for us. Buffalo????????? #25??? What a joke!!

Goodnight :)

I did not read any of the thread as I just finished watching the game on DVR. I recall the commentators saying early on that the Big East crew reffing this game would let things go. Wow...that was anything but letting things go. Borchardt had two phantom fouls...especially his 4th one. And Roby's 4th foul....what in the holy hay bales was that? A seven point swing that left this team unphased...at least tonight. This team is definitely hungry and is fun to watch.

The offense struggled early and Seton Hall matched that. I'm still not a fan of some of the shot selection, especially some of the three point attempts. At times, I really liked the spacing on the floor offensively. In the second half, I thought Allen really asserted himself on both ends; I loved the defensive effort that led to his three from the corner.

If anyone would have told me that Roby would only play 17 minutes, I would have said this game was a loss...no way would it be a win by 23. At least, we got to see a highlight dunk by Roby.

Some positives: winning the boards by 6 ( 3 more on each end), putting Seton Hall away (even though it took longer than I wanted it to), shooting decently from the line (I still wish it was better than 74.1%), and some solid minutes from the bench (especially Borchardt and Heiman).

On the season, Nebraska is averaging 91 ppg while the opponents are averaging 43ppgg...I know the first two games... Have I said that I love watching this team play?

Oh yeah, I got two tickets to the Hall of Fame Classic on Monday night. I'm not telling Lil' All 'N' until I get him from school on Monday afternoon.

Just to be clear, Roby’s 4th was total nonsense, but it does follow a directive the NCAA has put as a focus this year. Screens need to be set, and while Roby could hardly be defined as a screener on that play, I think the official just saw the result of 2 defenders appearing to be taken out of the play and blew the whistle. As I said, it was a wrong call, but a point of emphasis that caused the extra attention, more so than a Big East guy leaning on the Huskers.

Schadenfreude: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/scoreboard/_/group/7/date/20181114

Ed Morrow played 4 minutes, got a rebound and a point
Tanner Borchardt played 12 minutes, got 7 rebounds, an assist, a steal and a basket.

Apples and oranges, I know.

EDIT: xfers review
Tarin Smith is tearin' in up at UConn - wow. 15+ pts, 3.5 assists off the bench so far.
Michael Jacobson is hitting 15 pts and 7 rebounds for Ia State.
Bakari Evelyn (only 1 game) 12 pts, 5 asst (Valpo)
Jeriah Horne 7.5 ppg, 3 rpg (Tulsa)

Last edited:

Yep...Big East refs suck. No doubt about that.

NU is clearly tourney team. You can't have 4 veteran guys like Watson, Roby, Copeland and Palmer and not be. Simply not a luxury many other teams have. Wins against chumps are what they are but beating them be 50 or 60 does say something. Seton hall probably isn't very good this year but putting them down by 20+ also says something. Could be a dream season for the huskers

Last edited:
Yep...Big East refs suck. No doubt about that.

NU is clearly tourney team. You can't have 4 veteran guys like Watson, Roby, Copeland and Palmer and not be. Simply not a luxury many other teams have. Wins against chumps are what they are but beating them be 50 or 60 does say something. Seton hall probably isn't very good this year but putting them down by 20+ also says something. Could be a dream season for the huskers

If it isn't a tourney team, Miles should be shown the door.

But I highly doubt this team will fail to earn national attention. You're right -- uncommon in today's college basketball world for a team to have this much talent AND experience. In fact, I'd be surprised if Nebraska isn't -- at worst -- an 8-9 seed when the brackets come out in the spring.

Reading the SH forums, they thought the officiating was awful too. And they have to deal with these clowns all season

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back