• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #19, (L, 76-69), Mon, 1/21 @ Rutgers (#125) (8-8) (1-5), 7:00pm CT, BTN

Not having a true big in this conference is recipe for disaster. Roby is really good but he can't avoid fouls playing out of position

Those few times we actually come up against a really dominating big are not the reason we are floundering. I need to remind you that our 'bigs', outside of Borchardt can step out and shoot a 3. Our bigs are much faster running the floor than most. Our bigs are some of the best shot blockers in the conference. We aren't being beaten because we don't have a big, we are beaten because we can't reduce or eliminate scoring droughts, or remember to actually checkout when we go to the boards, or driving 1 on 3 isn't considered a smart play.

Last edited:
There’s nothing wrong with Palmer and Copeland, they are good kids.

I don't think he's suggesting they are bad guys in a sinister way, but if you get a reputation as a guy who doesn't play 'team ball' well, in order to keep the peace on a team, coaches may give you a nudge to find some place else. Copeland is definitely not that guy, at least he hasn't been here. Palmer, I don't know, maybe it was the success, but he's becoming almost as much of a liability as he is an asset, because he creates a team with 4 guys who just stand around watching.

this loss fits the trend. there will be more ridiculous losses, just as there will be more epic wins. the overall end result will be somewhere right in the middle....basically right where Tim Miles' overall win loss record sits. somewhere right in the middle.

so the only question is in order to try and find a coach who MIGHT get us above average, is it worth the risk knowing you could end up hiring a guy who could do worse. or are you content where its comfy? right in the middle.

there may not even be a wrong answer here. just depends on the AD and what his overall vision/expectation is of NU bball. If its safe and comfy, right in the middle, then Miles is the guy.

this loss fits the trend. there will be more ridiculous losses, just as there will be more epic wins. the overall end result will be somewhere right in the middle....basically right where Tim Miles' overall win loss record sits. somewhere right in the middle.

so the only question is in order to try and find a coach who MIGHT get us above average, is it worth the risk knowing you could end up hiring a guy who could do worse. or are you content where its comfy? right in the middle.

there may not even be a wrong answer here. just depends on the AD and what his overall vision/expectation is of NU bball. If its safe and comfy, right in the middle, then Miles is the guy.

You can’t maintain mediocrity just because your afraid of failure. I know that’s not your argument, I just hope Moos doesn’t think that way.

My feelings before the season began was that Miles finally had a real good veteran team. I felt this year was make or break for Miles cause next year he will have a very inexperienced team and will lose a bunch of games. I am of the opinion that if he doesn’t make the dance he should be shown the door cause it will only go downhill from here.

usually Im the voice of positive on here, much to the frustration of some (Lars:)), but tonight was pathetic and disappointing. They simply didnt come to play and yet they have/had the season in their hands. WE can talk about the Xs & Os all we want, but at the end of the day, this team doesnt play with the urgency that it should and doesnt have the confidence it takes to win close games right now. Theres no excuses for this loss, this Rutgers team sux and we lost mostly because they wanted it worse with is ridiculous.
Now, there is a 3 game stretch of 2 home games and a easy away game at Illinois. Win those 3 and this loss hurts a little but isnt the end of the world. Then Maryland comes to town with a real chance to take the season by storm. Lose just one and its a different story. Then Maryland becomes a must win and even then its iffy.
We looked bad at Iowa and Pstate and then came to play at Indiana. Can we put a run together? yes we can, but the longer this season drags on like this, the more the team doesnt look like it has that in them. they look tired and unconfident.

Last edited:
It is -- but I refuse to believe a quality coach couldn't have this team prepared to win a game against one of the worst teams in the conference. And it's not like we haven't seen this level of underachieving the majority of seasons with Miles as head coach -- regardless of the players. I've seen this same song and dance for far too long with Miles now.

Ohio State lost at Rutgers as well. Not making an excuse for the performance, just saying that the other team isn't a complete patsy. Although, we seemed to come into the game thinking that we wouldn't have to give max effort and do the little things needed to win tough B1G road games.

Here's the positive: even though Nebraska looked like they weren't ready to play to win, Nebraska has a way of turning around and playing better after a stupid loss. Maybe if there is a different program in place, you don't lost the stupid game. It's happened, and now I expect Nebraska will play better basketball for a while. They really needed to win this game and the next several -- it may have become too late for these guys.

Here's the positive: even though Nebraska looked like they weren't ready to play to win, Nebraska has a way of turning around and playing better after a stupid loss. Maybe if there is a different program in place, you don't lost the stupid game. It's happened, and now I expect Nebraska will play better basketball for a while. They really needed to win this game and the next several -- it may have become too late for these guys.

I think they'll bounce back too. It's not too late.....

I think they'll bounce back too. It's not too late.....
Win the next 3 and we are fine.
The concern is that we've not shown as of late that we have the Will or the confidence to put together a string or wins. So while last nights loss really isnt the end of the world, what is is that Im not sure we have what it takes to get it done regardless

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back