• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

LETS DANCE!!

The coverage decision is weird.

I'd rank the games in this order regarding entertainment value & national interest: Baylor/Nebraska, New Mex/Stanford, Duke/Mercer, Arizona/Weber State.

The networks probably rank as follows for availability: CBS, TNT/TBS, TruTV.

So, of course, media darling Duke is on the main channel. :rolleyes: Half the country might not even get TruTV?

Last edited:

Times Eastern:

FRIDAY AFTERNOON, MARCH 21
12:15, CBS, Raleigh: (3) Duke vs. (14) Mercer (Kevin Harlan/Len Elmore/Reggie Miller/Rachel Nichols)
12:40, truTV, San Antonio: (6) Baylor vs. (11) Nebraska (Marv Albert/Steve Kerr/Craigh Sager)
1:40, TBS, St. Louis: (7) New Mexico vs. (10) Stanford (Jim Nantz/Greg Anthony/Tracy Wolfson)
2:10, TNT, San Diego: (1) Arizona vs. (16) Weber State (Andrew Catalon/Mike Gminski/Otis Livingston)

Thanks.

I'd rank the games in this order regarding entertainment value & national interest: Baylor/Nebraska, New Mex/Stanford, Duke/Mercer, Arizona/Weber State.

So, of course, media darling Duke is on the main channel. :rolleyes: Half the country might not even get TruTV?[/QUOTE]

That's True ;)

I keep seeing a lot of media hype for this Baylor team. Lots of talent, etc. If they were the elite team some of these websites are touting, they would have a pretty easy road having a mid-major as a 3 seed and opening with us, BUT I keep telling myself that we can win this game.

I've seen Baylor two times this year. Once was the Big 12 championship where they lost to ISU and another earlier in the year. They do have good players, but it seems like they have the Nebraska problem of "putting it all together". I keep saying that we can really beat anybody. We beat the team that every media expert is picking to win it all in Michigan St. We beat the #2 seed in Wisconsin just a few days ago. We have a lot of talent and I think we have a LOT to play for.

On that note I am hoping Baylor comes out flat. Just as an example I'll use the Kansas vs W Virginia game a couple weeks ago. Kansas was #8 in the polls and came into WVU and was down by like 26 at half or something. They came in with that "this is going to be easy" mentality. They pulled back late but still lost by double digits to a big underdog. I think all this hype for Baylor could put them in this role.

Obviously it's fun to speculate, just wanted to add to the discussion.
CU is a mid major playing in a power conference now, lol.....we can win but you do know MSU was missing their best player and the PG was hurt and inefective. As you said it will be tough to beat BU with their length and zone they play.

So, of course, media darling Duke is on the main channel. :rolleyes: Half the country might not even get TruTV?
It is the rest of the games for that day not just our game as the same station will do the games.

Syracuse has good players. Yes. But they have cracked the 60 point barrier only 4 times in the last 11 games...61, 60, 62 and 63. Bad offensive teams score 60 points by accident. When you score that few points you keep the other team in the game. They've lose 5 of those 11 games (5 of the last 7 actually) and 3 wins in the last 11 games of 1 or 2 points. That's dangerous...and not a recipe for NCAA success. Yes, they play good defense. But eventually someone is going to score 65 on them. They COULD go on a deep run. I would put my money against it though.

As for KU and Embiid. He has a stress fracture in his back. I'd bet there's no way he plays this weekend. As for keeping the his status hush hush...the motivation to keep quiet is very likely that if they told the NCAA he was done for the year (the NCAA committee was asking) it might have hurt their seed.

Certainly a fair point about the SEC not being very good.

I guess this time of the year I always default to the teams that have been there before/coaches who have been there before and understand how to get their teams ready for the big stage. I understand Syracuse has had a few bad weeks lately (although VA was the only game they were out of), but they didn't win 25 in a row for no reason. Like I said before too, you just never know how teams will react against that 2-3.

And right, I guess my point by saying that was questioning the severity of it. Personally I think KU shouldn't be a 2 seed anyway - IA State should have been the 2 and KU a 3, but oh well.

Last edited:
I guess this time of the year I always default to the teams that have been there before/coaches who have been there before and understand how to get their teams ready for the big stage. I understand Syracuse has had a few bad weeks lately (although VA was the only game they were out of), but they didn't win 25 in a row for no reason. Like I said before too, you just never know how teams will react against that 2-3.

And right, I guess my point by saying that was questioning the severity of it. Personally I think KU shouldn't be a 2 seed anyway - IA State should have been the 2 and KU a 3, but oh well.

If anything is predictable about the NCAA it's that it is rather unpredictable. If WSU can make the final 4, if Butler can make 2 consecutive title games, if VCU can make the final 4...etc...then certainly Syracuse can win their next 4 games.

Rasmussen explaining how NU and CU ended up in the same bracket.
http://www.omaha.com/article/201403...el-bottom-seed-line-put-jays-huskers-in-texas

Including some nice comments about Nebraska:

And Rasmussen was in the room during the bracketing process, which comes last. What was going through his mind as the San Antonio bracket came together?

“First, you feel excited for Nebraska,” Rasmussen said. “They earned an 11 seed. They were put on the appropriate line. Second, you think, whichever six seed has to play them is going to have its hands full. That's no bargain for a six seed.

“Then you look down the line and say, whomever the three seed is also going to have its hands full. That happened to be Creighton.”

CU is a mid major playing in a power conference now, lol.....we can win but you do know MSU was missing their best player and the PG was hurt and inefective. As you said it will be tough to beat BU with their length and zone they play.

The Big East is not a power conference to me. It was when it was the "actual" big east last year (or was it the year before)....
Big 12, Big ten, acc, pac 12, sec are the POWER conferences.

The Big East is not a power conference to me. It was when it was the "actual" big east last year (or was it the year before)....
Big 12, Big ten, acc, pac 12, sec are the POWER conferences.

Fortunately, it's not up to you. ;) You probably consider the A-10 a mid major as well.

I keep seeing a lot of media hype for this Baylor team. Lots of talent, etc. If they were the elite team some of these websites are touting, they would have a pretty easy road having a mid-major as a 3 seed and opening with us, BUT I keep telling myself that we can win this game.

I've seen Baylor two times this year. Once was the Big 12 championship where they lost to ISU and another earlier in the year. They do have good players, but it seems like they have the Nebraska problem of "putting it all together". I keep saying that we can really beat anybody. We beat the team that every media expert is picking to win it all in Michigan St. We beat the #2 seed in Wisconsin just a few days ago. We have a lot of talent and I think we have a LOT to play for.

On that note I am hoping Baylor comes out flat. Just as an example I'll use the Kansas vs W Virginia game a couple weeks ago. Kansas was #8 in the polls and came into WVU and was down by like 26 at half or something. They came in with that "this is going to be easy" mentality. They pulled back late but still lost by double digits to a big underdog. I think all this hype for Baylor could put them in this role.

Obviously it's fun to speculate, just wanted to add to the discussion.

If we can get a big lead, before Baylor wakes up, did we learn how we can keep it? :confused:

Thank goodness, I have it. I remember, a few years back, Nebraska was on trutv for football. I was so angry because
I didn't have it!! Well, lo and behold, I DID have it!!! duh!!! :banghead:

It pays to go thru all your channels, and see what you do have, right? :nod:

Thanks for posting that for all. :wave:

If anything is predictable about the NCAA it's that it is rather unpredictable. If WSU can make the final 4, if Butler can make 2 consecutive title games, if VCU can make the final 4...etc...then certainly Syracuse can win their next 4 games.

Syracuse was not a good choice for me on some of my brackets. They have been so bad, lately, I have a lot of trepidation, for sure! :lazybannana:

I have lost all trust in them, like so many others, I'm sure.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back