• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Lane Kiffin and James Franklin won’t hire assistants until they have checked out their wives.

Can they really be that stupid not only to think it but to say it out loud too? It must be a joke I would hope.

In Moneyball one of the characters said when scouting players they liked to see their girlfriends to gauge the player's confidence. MUCH tamer but still a pretty stupid thing to say...

Sounds like something that is said tongue-in-cheek and people want to take it seriously.
200w.webp

Am I the only one who thinks this hiring standard is demeaning and sexist? How are wives supposed to feel knowing their appearance will be a factor in their husband's hiring potential? Makes me dislike Franklin and Kiffin even more.
No you're not the only one.

I think wooing a lady for a relationship and wooing a 17/18 year old kids to play football is different skill sets. At least I would hope the execution is much different.
I don't know. Just like Harbaugh I always tried to schedule a sleepover. I also told them they could play right away.

I was pretty much always a back up school though. And even when things looked good they would enroll in junior college instead to try and get their grades up. I never understood that.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who thinks this hiring standard is demeaning and sexist? How are wives supposed to feel knowing their appearance will be a factor in their husband's hiring potential? Makes me dislike Franklin and Kiffin even more.

OK, if you feel it's demeaning an sexist, it probably is... to you.
The question being answered in such an exercise is, "can he sell himself?"
The world simply is not as pristine as idealists wish it was.

If they really felt that way, its very stupid. But to go on record as feeling that way...well I just can't see that. I might be wrong but it sounds like a joke that has been passed on as fact.
I could totally see Franklin saying it and meaning it though.

OK, if you feel it's demeaning an sexist, it probably is... to you.
The question being answered in such an exercise is, "can he sell himself?"
The world simply is not as pristine as idealists wish it was.

So in effect, he is selling his wife to get a job? They have words for that. Penn State has previously demonstrated poor judgement, as has Kiffin, so they don't surprise me. But I would be sorely disappointed to ever find out Husker coaches would behave similarly.

I think wooing a lady for a relationship and wooing a 17/18 year old kids to play football is different skill sets. At least I would hope the execution is much different.
Naaaaa
It’s exactly the same....in the $EC especially, all you have to do is have some $$$

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back