• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Just bet a steak dinner on Huskers finishing strong...

I'm thinking 2 more beers and you would have us beating OSU :)

GBR

Last edited by a moderator:
Met up with one of my colleagues who played for G-Pa at K-State late '90's/early '00's and bet him a nice steak dinner that:

The Huskers go 5-1 down the stretch and finish at 5-7, and with one of the toughest schedules in the country will receive a bowl bid somewhere (not sure we would except though).

And not an Applebee's type steak dinner, but likely a Ruth's Chris/Morton's type steak dinner (because that is how he rolls). So there you have it.

I'm all in...let the turn-around commence beginning 2:30PM this Saturday.

GBR!
Can I get some action with you?

So worst case you are picking up a tab for someone you’d hang out with anyway. Best case, free steak and Nebraska has its best finish to the regular season since 2010. I’ve made a lot worse wagers than that.

Yep. But keep in mind, this is the same guy who swears that Crouch looking out his ear hole was not a face mask because there was not video evidence of alleged infraction. We have good bantering back and forth for sure...

I can see 4-2 down the stretch, but 5-1 is hard to see right now. Iowa is playing real well right now. That just made me throw up in my mouth a little bit. :Puke: Not saying NU can't beat them, they just need to tighten things up a lot defensively.

Michigan St is a weird team, very Jeckle and Hyde. Lose to NW at home and it really isn't close and then go on the road and beat a good PSU team. Though I don't think Penn St. is nearly as good as they have been the last couple of years.

Anyway, they need to beat the Gophers this week end to have any chance at 5-1 down the stretch. Lots of people are looking at how Minnesota played OSU tough and think this is a loss. I think it had more to do with OSU not playing very well than anything. Hard to get up for every game.

I like your optimism but I don't believe 5-7 teams can get bowl births anymore. I could be mistaken.

Need the Eichorst / Riley exception like we got in 2015. I think it's based on GPA or some other academic metric. It only applies when there are not enough 6-win teams to fill the bowl slots.

Moot point most likely. I don't see this team winning 5 games. 4 even seems ambitious at this point.

Met up with one of my colleagues who played for G-Pa at K-State late '90's/early '00's and bet him a nice steak dinner that:

The Huskers go 5-1 down the stretch and finish at 5-7, and with one of the toughest schedules in the country will receive a bowl bid somewhere (not sure we would except though).

And not an Applebee's type steak dinner, but likely a Ruth's Chris/Morton's type steak dinner (because that is how he rolls). So there you have it.

I'm all in...let the turn-around commence beginning 2:30PM this Saturday.

GBR!
On a crazy scale of 1 to that lady on the corner screaming about salvation, you're Gary Busey.

mrw-summer-weather-finally-ends-141378.gif

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back