• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Just bet a steak dinner on Huskers finishing strong...

Bugeater45

Scout Team
15 Year Member
Met up with one of my colleagues who played for G-Pa at K-State late '90's/early '00's and bet him a nice steak dinner that:

The Huskers go 5-1 down the stretch and finish at 5-7, and with one of the toughest schedules in the country will receive a bowl bid somewhere (not sure we would except though).

And not an Applebee's type steak dinner, but likely a Ruth's Chris/Morton's type steak dinner (because that is how he rolls). So there you have it.

I'm all in...let the turn-around commence beginning 2:30PM this Saturday.

GBR!

Met up with one of my colleagues who played for G-Pa at K-State late '90's/early '00's and bet him a nice steak dinner that:

The Huskers go 5-1 down the stretch and finish at 5-7, and with one of the toughest schedules in the country will receive a bowl bid somewhere (not sure we would except though).

And not an Applebee's type steak dinner, but likely a Ruth's Chris/Morton's type steak dinner (because that is how he rolls). So there you have it.

GBR!
You starting a go fund me account to help you pay for that?

I think 5-1 might be ambitious but I could believe 4-2. I hope you are right.

GBR!

The difficulty of the schedule has no bearing on whether Nebraska goes bowling at 5-7. It’s based on the APR (academic progress report).

Nebraska is a ways down the list - we would need about six openings for 5-7 teams. In any case, bold bet. I hope your colleague is at least a cool to hang out with for an evening.

GBR!

I like your optimism but I don't believe 5-7 teams can get bowl births anymore. I could be mistaken.

Maybe it was the beer talking but I figured "go big or go home". Its not all that crazy...I really do think this team can do it. They were every bit as good as a 5-1 CU team, would have beat Troy with A-Mart, should have beat Northwestern, who beat Mich St. in East Lansing, who beat Penn State in Happy Valley. This team really isn't that far off.

Hell, the more I think about it, the better that Sullivans steak is going to taste that I'm going to make that power puddie buy me...:Wink:

Maybe it was the beer talking but I figured "go big or go home". Its not all that crazy...I really do think this team can do it. They were every bit as good as a 5-1 CU team, would have beat Troy with A-Mart, should have beat Northwestern, who beat Mich St. in East Lansing, who beat Penn State in Happy Valley. This team really isn't that far off.

Hell, the more I think about it, the better that Sullivans steak is going to taste that I'm going to make that power puddie buy me...:Wink:

They really aren't that far off

The difficulty of the schedule has no bearing on whether Nebraska goes bowling at 5-7. It’s based on the APR (academic progress report).

Nebraska is a ways down the list - we would need about six openings for 5-7 teams. In any case, bold bet. I hope your colleague is at least a cool to hang out with for an evening.

He's actually very cool. Prior to our prolonged "mediocrity", him and his teammates badge of honor (and they wore it that way) was that they went 2 and 2 against NU during his time in Manhattan.

He's actually very cool. Prior to our prolonged "mediocrity", him and his teammates badge of honor (and they wore it that way) was that they went 2 and 2 against NU during his time in Manhattan.

So worst case you are picking up a tab for someone you’d hang out with anyway. Best case, free steak and Nebraska has its best finish to the regular season since 2010. I’ve made a lot worse wagers than that.

Last edited:

GBR!
If the Huskers go 5-1 I’ll pay for a steak dinner for both of you.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back