• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jordy gone again.

Huskers will be fine, I was thinking his senior year he might be someone that finally does good, nothing great though. I had been wondering about what he was thinking about the coming season after Palmer and Copeland came back. oh well, it opens up a another rotation spot for some one athletic and they won't quit on the team. Jordy probably screwed us out of a NCAA berth last year by screwing up the flow, it seemed it took a couple of games for the team to adjust to new look and find the strength of new lineup

The more I think about this, is having Borchardt in there and not having to appease him with touches worse than Jordy and his need for the ball despite his offensive limitations?

It would still be nice to get a big grad transfer to eat some minutes and fouls.

The more I think about this, is having Borchardt in there and not having to appease him with touches worse than Jordy and his need for the ball despite his offensive limitations?

It would still be nice to get a big grad transfer to eat some minutes and fouls.
If Borchardt can catch the ball and lay it in 2 or 3 times a game when he is wide open while keeping his guy off the offensive glass, I would take that.

Borchardt can run a pick and roll. He gets it, dives as fast as he can to the post after the pick clears. Watson can pass to him. Borchardt has a hard time getting a shot up over a good center, but he's quick enough to play defense with this team (as was Jordy). I think Borchardt will play more in that role as he did when Tshimanga was gone before. He is a space eater - rebounds seem to come to him. They won't run plays for him, and he'll be okay with that.

Borchardt can run a pick and roll. He gets it, dives as fast as he can to the post after the pick clears. Watson can pass to him. Borchardt has a hard time getting a shot up over a good center, but he's quick enough to play defense with this team (as was Jordy). I think Borchardt will play more in that role as he did when Tshimanga was gone before. He is a space eater - rebounds seem to come to him. They won't run plays for him, and he'll be okay with that.
Exactly, and with the renewed focus Borchardt has put on basketball, maybe he was seen as another threat to Jordy during workouts.

Either way, Borchardt wants to be in Husker gear and that is the main positive over Jordy.

I think you are on to something. Jordy’s game is at odds with how Miles’ offense is evolving. There were times last year where we ran set plays to force the ball inside to Jordy. It looked awkward, forced, and out of rythem with the normal flow of the offense.

Offensively I think we will be fine. We will feel this loss defensively though for sure. Need to see about a grad transfer big.

I heard Jordy had a minor knee surgery this summer and went home for about two weeks. Before the surgery he weighed 270 with the intention of being under 260 when the season started up. He came back to Lincoln at 295... Jordy was a disappointment because Jordy never put in the work

I know that this will hurt us this year. On the other hand, when watching the game, I won't cringe every time the play is to work the ball inside to him.

Looks like Dayton is the landing spot...

when a big dude knocks on the gym door, you let him in. that being said, i have to wonder what in the world the dayton coaches think they see in Jordy. i'm guessing i saw more tape of NU last year then they did, but still.

8 minutes a game, 4 rebounds, nice left hook, runs the floor well. Be careful passing him the ball. Also you get his younger brother in the deal.

If the situation was reversed, I think we would take Jordy as a transfer, trusting that the coaches had seen something.

Towards the end of his Freshman year, he was playing pretty well. I think there are two things holding Jordy back from being an effective player. He has to work on his body, he’s naturally big, but he’s got to drop some weight to increase athleticism. He had that at the end of his freshman year and he didn’t have that last year. He was easily winded and missing dunks and putbacks. The second is effort. Perhaps a new situation can help that. He could be a 10 and 8 kind of player, but it takes work.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back