• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Jordy gone again.

Combined with bad advice from family.
This. Jordy could be really good in Miles' system. He just hasn't been. I don't think there is a system that he can jump into and excel. His game has too many holes. His foot movement has gotten way better. His shooting needs work, and he doesn't get into position to rebound well.

He's a neat kid. I hope he is successful.

Here are some takeaways from Robin Washut on Jordy's leaving:

1. This shouldn't come as a surprise
Tshimanga already left the program once......
Then there was plenty of smoke surrounding Tshimanga leaving again after former assistant Kenya Hunter, who was the former Rivals150 prospect’s lead recruiter to NU, took a job at UConn earlier this spring.

2. Had he stayed, Tshimanga might have been an odd fit

3. Work needs to be done on the recruiting front

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/three-takeaways-from-jordy-tshimanga-s-transfer

No worries... Brady Heiman is on the way.
I hope they don’t try and create this kid into a banger, that’s not his body type or skill set. Jordy could have been a banger, but I think with this current group they are better served to just go with more of a speed and finesse game, and not rely on needing someone who can go two out of three falls to secure the middle. Frankly, the B1G doesn’t have many teams that have beasts in the middle we need to worry about.

Going to have to waste Robys/Copelands talent in the 5 spot, guarding the big 10 bigs

This. Jordy could be really good in Miles' system. He just hasn't been. I don't think there is a system that he can jump into and excel. His game has too many holes. His foot movement has gotten way better. His shooting needs work, and he doesn't get into position to rebound well.

He's a neat kid. I hope he is successful.
I think his most glaring weakness is his awful hands. He often doesn't catch entry passes cleanly and when he does, he has had the ball taken away often. Same when rebounding.

I agree that he is a great kid but his game is aggravating at times.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back