• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Joe Burrow announces he IS transferring from Ohio St

I just don't get it. They guy has graduated from the university and still the coach has the power to decide to whom he can talk. Just seems weird.

But LSU has lacked a good QB for some time. They would love to have him. I don't think Cincinati would be as interesting, but I confess I don't know those teams well. With LSU, he would get lots of ESPN exposure (the old SEC thing).

he can block him from getting a scholarship in the Big the 1st year but can’t block him from walking on somewhere
I think if Mr. Burrow rediscovers his love of insects, he can transfer to UNL because OSU doesn't have a grad degree in them. Unless it gets killed by budget cuts, that is.

Burrow can get around that IF he signs on for a master's program at Nebraska that Ohio State doesn't offer. That said, you'd think that'd be tough given the size disparity between the two. Gotta think Ohio State offers more grad programs than Nebraska. But again - Just gotta find one .
If he’s willing to take a walk on year Meyer can’t block him, similar to Noah Vedral. The only differenceI believe is Burrow would be a grad walk on and he could play immediately

I just don't get it. They guy has graduated from the university and still the coach has the power to decide to whom he can talk. Just seems weird.

But LSU has lacked a good QB for some time. They would love to have him. I don't think Cincinati would be as interesting, but I confess I don't know those teams well. With LSU, he would get lots of ESPN exposure (the old SEC thing).
Your head coach likes the rule.

he can block him from getting a scholarship in the Big the 1st year but can’t block him from walking on somewhere

Honest question. Hypothetically, Meyer does put a conference restriction on Burrow's transfer and he decides to transfer to Nebraska anyway and become a walk-on. Do you think the Big 10 would exempt Burrow from their loss of a year of eligibility intra-conference transfer rule?

Honest question. Hypothetically, Meyer does put a conference restriction on Burrow's transfer and he decides to transfer to Nebraska anyway and become a walk-on. Do you think the Big 10 would exempt Burrow from their loss of a year of eligibility intra-conference transfer rule?
From my understanding Graduate transfers do not have to sit out a year period, the school they are transferring from can block them from getting a scholarship to another school but can’t stop them from enrolling as a regular student and walking on to a sports program at the new school and have immediate eligibility. I might be misinformed on this and if I am, I would like to know what the correct answer is.

From my understanding Graduate transfers do not have to sit out a year period, the school they are transferring from can block them from getting a scholarship to another school but can’t stop them from enrolling as a regular student and walking on to a sports program at the new school and have immediate eligibility. I might be misinformed on this and if I am, I would like to know what the correct answer is.

That's what I can find. The first article is from 2015 when Jake Rudock graduated from Iowa and transferred to Michigan for one year. The second article is from 2017 about graduate transfers in general after news that Cameron Johnson had restrictions placed on his graduate transfer by Pittsburgh.

Rudock received a waiver from the Big Ten, which normally requires transfers within conference to sit out a season. Rudock, from Weston, Florida, is set to graduate this spring from Iowa and will join the Wolverines for preseason practice.
Link

The ACC exempts those with baccalaureate degrees from its intra-conference transfer rules, which require players not only to sit out a year, but lose a year of competitive eligibility. The Big Ten and Pac-12 have the same stipulations as the ACC, only without a graduate transfer exemption. Big 12 graduate transfers can move within the conference without penalty as long as they meet NCAA requirements. In the Big East, transferring within the conference in men’s and women’s basketball is forbidden, even for athletes who have graduated.
Link

That's what I can find. The first article is from 2015 when Jake Rudock graduated from Iowa and transferred to Michigan for one year. The second article is from 2017 about graduate transfers in general after news that Cameron Johnson had restrictions placed on his graduate transfer by Pittsburgh.

Link

Link
Kirk Ferentz gave Ruddock and unconditional release and therefore he was able to go to Michigan on scholarship

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back