• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Joe Burrow announces he IS transferring from Ohio St

Can't Meyer prevent a transfer to certain schools--even a grad transfer? If so . . . I'm betting anyone in the B1G will be blocked.

Not sure Frost would take him anyway, but more competition is rarely a bad thing. Maybe he feels good about his QB room already, though? Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Burrow can get around that IF he signs on for a master's program at Nebraska that Ohio State doesn't offer. That said, you'd think that'd be tough given the size disparity between the two. Gotta think Ohio State offers more grad programs than Nebraska. But again - Just gotta find one .

I think he would be on equal footing with gebbia and Martinez as they are learning new system. If he comes here I bet Martinez redshirts for sure
I would agree. Burrow might be one of the top 3 or 4 QB's in the BIG right now and I am positive we would want him. He would be stepping into a competition where he actually has more game experience than anyone else competing for the job. The coaches would have to be extremely high on both Gebbia and Martinez to not try and bring him in.

I would agree. Burrow might be one of the top 3 or 4 QB's in the BIG right now and I am positive we would want him. He would be stepping into a competition where he actually has more game experience than anyone else competing for the job. The coaches would have to be extremely high on both Gebbia and Martinez to not try and bring him in.
Agreed 100% ... Martinez hasn't taken a live game snap in 2 years and is a true freshman. Gebbia himself hasn't taken a game snap in two years as well. Neither kid has taken a collegiate snap.

If a backup at THE OSU is interested in playing at NU then SF would be silly not to consider him. Burrow would give Martinez two years to mature and learn the system and continue to get healthy. He'd then be positioned to assume the starting role as a seasoned 3-year sophomore!

Agreed 100% ... Martinez hasn't taken a live game snap in 2 years and is a true freshman. Gebbia himself hasn't taken a game snap in two years as well. Neither kid has taken a collegiate snap.

If a backup at THE OSU is interested in playing at NU then SF would be silly not to consider him. Burrow would give Martinez two years to mature and learn the system and continue to get healthy. He'd then be positioned to assume the starting role as a seasoned 3-year sophomore!
You are assuming that Joey Borrows beats AM out and that AM wants to red shirt. What if JB gets hurt part way through the season and we lost an opportunity to get our best QB experience.

Right, unless Urb blocks him from going to the B1G. Can he do that?

In Gebbia's case he pretty much got the rug pulled from under him with a new staff and scheme. Can't fault the kid if he looks elsewhere if we bring more guys into the room.
why? He will be starting this year

And what is it with kids that if they aren't they starter right now that they immediately transfer?

Whatever happened to working even harder and beating the starter out? Or

Waiting your turn? Or

Being the backup and when the starter is injured helping the "team" to victory (No "I" in team).

I'm lost with these kids attitude.
Why don't you get it? These kids want to play. Not ride the bench. He has two younger players potentially above him on the depth chart. You only get one chance and life at he wants to make the most of his.

Last edited:
I think Frost is very comfortable with the quarterback room right now. Obviously I’m just basing this off interviews where he has said as much. I doubt Burrow ends up here. I also think Husker fans need to realize Milton threw for 4000 yards. While yes you need to be mobile you don’t have to be a running quarterback to start.

And what is it with kids that if they aren't they starter right now that they immediately transfer?

Whatever happened to working even harder and beating the starter out? Or

Waiting your turn? Or

Being the backup and when the starter is injured helping the "team" to victory (No "I" in team).

I'm lost with these kids attitude.
Well today you can go anywhere and get exposure and make the NFL. Back in the day only the top 15 or so teams where on television. Might also have to do with the fact most kids believe they are the best at a young age and don’t experience failure as often. All these kids have had parents pay for them to be in elite leagues and camps, where everyone around them tells them they are the goat.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back