• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

I see signs of an early Frost this fall

Is this letter real or a farce?

https://michigan.rivals.com/news/staff-picks-u-m-vs-ucf-and-the-frost-letter-origin

By this line from the link it sounds to me like it's BS. I really can't imagine this is from Carol Frost.

If you are asking ME if the letter is real or a farce...How in the world would I know? You know as much about it as I do.

According to the article, Rivals .com was the original recipient of the "Carol Frost" letter, and due to the email address it came from, they felt it was authentic, so they posted it on their subscribers web site. The letter found its way to non-subscriber sites, and Rivals has lost control of it....and that's why you and I have now become aware of it.

From the Rivals.com article..

Chapter 3, the 2005 Alamo Bowl, is but a footnote, really. But it did set up Chapter 4. Days after the game, Rivals.com officials forwarded the following letter from Carol Frost, Scott’s mother, sent though the Rivals main page function. It certainly seemed authentic – the email address seemed more than valid – but before we shared it with our subscribers (behind a paywall on our premium message board, it should be noted), we checked with the Rivals.com higher-ups at the time to get their take.

They were all for it, as amused (and bemused) as we were.

It’s become tradition on The Fort, TheWolverine.com Premium Forum, to share it as a fun memory – nothing more – before U-M plays Nebraska, and it was recycled without our permission this week in anticipation of Scott Frost and his UCF team’s visit Saturday.

If Husker Nation wants to know of the "Carol Frost" letter is authentic, then I suggest that either the LJS or OWH contact her and get her side of the story. For all we know, Carol Frost may not even know that the letter exists.

Last edited:
I am surprised that you responded to my post since nothing in your reply refuted anything I said. Sure, Nebraska vs Michigan is a big game...duh. Does SF add to the "bigness," sure a little. But still, there aren't any fans stupid enough to think this year's game will prove who was better in 1997.

Don't be surprised. I am not afraid to admit when I am wrong.

I responded to your post to SUPPORT what you said. I agreed with you in my post when I said "Fans may not view this year's NU/MU game as the one to settle what happened in 1997, but any appearance by Scott Frost in Ann Arbor will create much more ire than a normal game.

Leading up to the 2016 UCF vs MU game in Ann Arbor, I knew there were some articles written about Michigan's desire to get back at SF. I thought I read where UM fans wanted to use the UCF/MU game to settle the 1997 debate, but I was mistaken. There was nothing there.

So I responded back to you with the news that you are right. Do you mind?

While conducting my research, I did verify that Michigan fans have pretty strong feelings about SF, and they would like to beat him more than the average head football coach.

My research also uncovered an alleged letter from Carol Frost, which I had never seen before. Rivals.com thinks it is authentic, I don't know if it is or not.

NOTE: I also admit that you did not call Bo Pelini a knuckle dragger. It was Suhperman who did that. You called him a mouth breather, correct?

"What do I think of the Greatest Fan of All? That's a good question and I'm glad you asked. He's a knuckle dragger."

coach-bo.jpg

Last edited:
You ask me if the letter is real or a farce? How in the world would I know? You know as much about it as I do.

According to the article, Rivals .com was the original recipient of Carol Frost's letter, and due to the email address it came from, they felt it was authentic, so they posted it on their subscribers web site.
"'including the truth behind “the letter” – allegedly written by UCF head coach Scott Frost’s mom, Carol'"

Allegedly tells me all I really need to know. I think it was some clown trying to raise some crap.

If she does not care to deny it or comment on it, then I would assume it is authentic.
I would think she doesn't care one way or another.

"'including the truth behind “the letter” – allegedly written by UCF head coach Scott Frost’s mom, Carol'"

Allegedly tells me all I really need to know. I think it was some clown trying to raise some crap.

If the letter is a farce, and only circulating on Michigan fan sites, Carol Frost may not be aware it exits. If she suddenly finds out about it, she might get quite upset. Wouldn't you?

Yes, it is very hard to believe that a teacher/educator like Carol Frost would write something like that.

But when Michgian fans are always saying unflattering things about your son and the magnificent 1997 football team that he led...

We do not know who wrote the letter. It could have been written by an over-zealous Husker fan. But we do know this...before the letter was posted on a Rivals subscribers site, top Rivals officials were convinced it might be authentic.

Last edited:
I can’t imagine a mother writing that letter. I’m calling BS on that unless she actually confirmed it. Michigan can post Scott’s comments all they want. He was 100% accurate in what he said about the Huskers and Michigan that year. Without question, Nebraska would have been favored by 7 or more; and given the choice of choosing a team you think was more beatable, that would be Michigan. So Michigan would win that debate

But when Michgian fans are always saying unflattering things about your son and the magnificent 1997 football team that he led...
I think she is above doing something like this. I feel she knows Scott is a big boy and can handle it himself.

I can’t imagine a mother writing that letter. I’m calling BS on that unless she actually confirmed it. Michigan can post Scott’s comments all they want. He was 100% accurate in what he said about the Huskers and Michigan that year. Without question, Nebraska would have been favored by 7 or more; and given the choice of choosing a team you think was more beatable, that would be Michigan. So Michigan would win that debate
Good point, is anyone really so egomaniacal as to sign their letters "1968 Olympian, Mexico City," LOL.

Last edited:

Looks like the SF era has optimists and realists. No pessimists so far that I know of. I'd say that's an improvement from where we were.

:Cheers:
The self-proclaimed realists are just agnostics. Nothing any more realistic about their view than ours. They just don't know how the season will go so they are cautious. Nothing wrong with that, but it's no more realistic than my viewpoint.

You don't need a decoder ring as you know exactly what is being said. You are just trying to distract from your statements of anything less than 10-2 is inexcusable knowing you were making excuses for Mike Riley's 5-7, 9-3, and 4-8 the whole time.
solesfr said 10-2 no excuses as a jab at people who were critical of Riley. It was pretty transparent.

But he is accidentally correct. We'll see 10 wins next year.

Don't be surprised. I am not afraid to admit when I am wrong.

I responded to your post to SUPPORT what you said. I agreed with you in my post when I said "Fans may not view this year's NU/MU game as the one to settle what happened in 1997, but any appearance by Scott Frost in Ann Arbor will create much more ire than a normal game.

Leading up to the 2016 UCF vs MU game in Ann Arbor, I knew there were some articles written about Michigan's desire to get back at SF. I thought I read where UM fans wanted to use the UCF/MU game to settle the 1997 debate, but I was mistaken. There was nothing there.

So I responded back to you with the news that you are right. Do you mind?

While conducting my research, I did verify that Michigan fans have pretty strong feelings about SF, and they would like to beat him more than the average head football coach.

My research also uncovered the letter from Carol Frost, which I had never seen before. Rivals.com thinks it is authentic, I don't know if it is or not.

NOTE: I also admit that you did not call Bo Pelini a knuckle dragger. It was Suhperman who did that. You called him a mouth breather, correct?

"What do I think of the Greatest Fan of All? That's a good question and I'm glad you asked. He's a knuckle dragger."

coach-bo.jpg

Just because you put it in quotes and tried to attach to Bo, it is still a personal attack.

C

I think she is above doing something like this. I feel she knows Scott is a big boy and can handle it himself.

Agree. When I read it the 1st time I just saw someone doing some good old fashioned trash talking. I thought it was funny. But upon reflection, I can't believe she wrote it.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back