• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

I see signs of an early Frost this fall

You don't need a decoder ring as you know exactly what is being said. You are just trying to distract from your statements of anything less than 10-2 is inexcusable knowing you were making excuses for Mike Riley's 5-7, 9-3, and 4-8 the whole time.

I didn't make any excuses for last year.

Decoder ring because what were "reasons" under Bo became "excuses" under MR and vice versa.

C

Last edited:
Many fans (on both sides) will try to play up our 2018 game at Ann Arbor as a game to prove which team was better in 1997. But SF will emphatically declare that the game will involve two teams that have absolutely no relation to what happened in 1997.
SF is wise. It's hard for me to imagine any fan stupid enough to have that thought racing through his brain at all.

Last edited:
SF is wise. It's hard for me to imagine any fan stupid enough to have that thought racing through his brain at all.

Before SF arrives in Ann Arbor you can bet that two things will be circulating around Michigan.

1. SF's Mother's letter to Michigan after we beat them in the Alamo Bowl (It is an unbelievable Michigan dis)

2. SF's NC plea after we beat Tennessee (Michigan fans don't like it)

These two items will always be good bulletin board material for Michigan whenever SF's Huskers play the Wolverines.

Fans may not view this year's NU/MU game as the one to settle what happened in 1997, but any appearance by Scott Frost in Ann Arbor will create much more ire than a normal game.

Re: Nebraska Cornhuskers 32 -- Michigan Wolverwhines 28 - By Carol Frost

Thank you for reminding me which National Championship my Scotty won for Nebraska in the 1990's. At my age, 60, I get mixed up occasionally on which one of the three National Championships my Scotty won for Nebraska in the 1990's (It's hard for me to remember because they win them so often.)

Sometimes I find myself feeling sorry for the Wolverwhines who only win National Championships in Football every 50 years or so. I guess I didn't get so hung up on the National title that Nebraska won in 1997 because they won 3 in a four year span in the 1990's and 5 in a twenty-eight year span between 1970 and 1997. I remember the first one they one in 1970 because I graduated from Nebraska in 1966. I guess if we only won the National title every 50 years, I would have been upset, too, when Nebraska and my Scotty stole the show from the Wolverwhines in the 1990's.

By the way, Scotty sends his best. He's retired from the NFL now after 5 years. I think he said he was making about $346,000.00 a year while in the Pros, which is probably more than all of you poor misled Wolverwhines make in a year combined.

Sorry to hear that the Wolverwhines lost to the Cornhuskers in the Alamo bowl. Hope poor Lloyd doesn't lose his job. Seems like a lot of teams we beat this year lost their coaches. The maze, black, and blue will have other years. I expect you'll win another National Championship in Football around the year 2046. Hope you all find enough to write about between now and then.

Best Regards,

Carol Frost

1968 Olympian, Mexico City

Scott Frost after NU won the Orange Bowl over Tennessee

“I don't think there's anyone out there that can say with a clear conscience that Nebraska, and especially Tom Osborne, that great man, doesn't deserve a national championship," Frost said. "At least a share.

"So, it's up to the coaches. I'm so proud of this team and Coach Osborne, I don't want to see him go out without a championship. I basically have two points for the coaches: One, if you can look yourself in the mirror and say if your job depended on playing either Michigan or Nebraska to keep your job, who would you rather play? You watched the Rose Bowl and the Orange Bowl. Michigan won with a controversial play at the end. We took apart the third-ranked team in the country.

"The second point I have is: I can't see how any coach outside the Big Ten or the Pac-10 would vote for Michigan. Because if somebody from North Carolina, Florida State, West Virginia, Notre Dame --wherever it might be -- if they were undefeated and won the Alliance bowl game, they would expect to share the national title.

"It's been split before. Colorado and Georgia Tech split it. Washington and Miami split it. It's OK to split it. It should be split and it's up to the coaches."

I don't know who would win the game if we played Michigan. I think I know. I think all you guys know,” he said. “The thing I'd like to say is: Who would be favored?

“I'd like to see the line on that game, because I think it would be seven, 10, 14 points [in Nebraska's favor]. Any time that it's that way and you vote the other way, you've got to be crazy.”

https://michigan.rivals.com/news/staff-picks-u-m-vs-ucf-and-the-frost-letter-origin

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...frost-david-whitley-0908-20160907-column.html

Michigan Fan, on 8 Sep 2016, just before the UCF vs Michigan game.

"1997 was the last National Championship that Nebraska won. I say it here now in front of all of you that Frost cursed the Nebraska Cornhuskers January 2nd, 1998. The Football Gods have punished Nebraska for it’s insolence and whining (on that day) and this Saturday when Frost takes his UCF team onto the field at the Big House, Michigan will slow bleed the Knights into submission.

You wanted Michigan, Scotty. You got ‘em, now.

https://www.maizenbrew.com/2016/9/8...-column-scott-frost-ucf-national-championship

Last edited:

:Facepalm:I would be horrified if my mom sent a letter like that!! Man o man...

Today was the 1st time I saw it. Its unbelievable! Scott should have her publish a retraction before we play Michigan this year...but I doubt Michigan fans would accept it...its too late now. It would probably just draw more attention to it and add fuel to the fire.

Beating Michigan in Ann Arbor is hard enough as it is. That letter doesn't make it any easier.

Last edited:
Today was the 1st time I saw it. Its unbelievable. Scott should have her publish a retraction before we play Michigan this year...but I doubt Michigan fans would accept it. It would probably just draw more attention to it and add fuel to the fire.

Nah, let it go, Mich. beat up on “my Scotty” in 2016. They’ll prolly take us this year, and that’s it. 2019 and forward, NU’s ownership of UM returns.

:Huskerflag:

Easy peasy ... Scotty just needs to replicate the '62 game. I think that got ol' 'what's his name' off to a pretty good start. :Wink:

Before SF arrives in Ann Arbor you can bet that two things will be circulating around Michigan.

1. SF's Mother's letter to Michigan after we beat them in the Alamo Bowl (It is an unbelievable Michigan dis)

These two items will always be good bulletin board material for Michigan whenever SF's Huskers play the Wolverines.

Fans may not view the this year's NU/MU game as the one to settle what happened in 1997, but any appearance by Scott Frost in Ann Arbor will create much more ire than a normal game.

Thank you for reminding me which National Championship my Scotty won for Nebraska in the 1990's. At my age, 60, I get mixed up occasionally on which one of the three National Championships my Scotty won for Nebraska in the 1990's (It's hard for me to remember because they win them so often.)

Sometimes I find myself feeling sorry for the Wolverwhines who only win National Championships in Football every 50 years or so. I guess I didn't get so hung up on the National title that Nebraska won in 1997 because they won 3 in a four year span in the 1990's and 5 in a twenty-eight year span between 1970 and 1997. I remember the first one they one in 1970 because I graduated from Nebraska in 1966. I guess if we only won the National title every 50 years, I would have been upset, too, when Nebraska and my Scotty stole the show from the Wolverwhines in the 1990's.

By the way, Scotty sends his best. He's retired from the NFL now after 5 years. I think he said he was making about $346,000.00 a year while in the Pros, which is probably more than all of you poor misled Wolverwhines make in a year combined.

Sorry to hear that the Wolverwhines lost to the Cornhuskers in the Alamo bowl. Hope poor Lloyd doesn't lose his job. Seems like a lot of teams we beat this year lost their coaches. The maze, black, and blue will have other years. I expect you'll win another National Championship in Football around the year 2046. Hope you all find enough to write about between now and then.

Best Regards,

Carol Frost

“I don't think there's anyone out there that can say with a clear conscience that Nebraska, and especially Tom Osborne, that great man, doesn't deserve a national championship," Frost said. "At least a share.

"So, it's up to the coaches. I'm so proud of this team and Coach Osborne, I don't want to see him go out without a championship. I basically have two points for the coaches: One, if you can look yourself in the mirror and say if your job depended on playing either Michigan or Nebraska to keep your job, who would you rather play? You watched the Rose Bowl and the Orange Bowl. Michigan won with a controversial play at the end. We took apart the third-ranked team in the country.

"The second point I have is: I can't see how any coach outside the Big Ten or the Pac-10 would vote for Michigan. Because if somebody from North Carolina, Florida State, West Virginia, Notre Dame --wherever it might be -- if they were undefeated and won the Alliance bowl game, they would expect to share the national title.

"It's been split before. Colorado and Georgia Tech split it. Washington and Miami split it. It's OK to split it. It should be split and it's up to the coaches."

I don't know who would win the game if we played Michigan. I think I know. I think all you guys know,” he said. “The thing I'd like to say is: Who would be favored?

“I'd like to see the line on that game, because I think it would be seven, 10, 14 points [in Nebraska's favor]. Any time that it's that way and you vote the other way, you've got to be crazy.”

https://michigan.rivals.com/news/staff-picks-u-m-vs-ucf-and-the-frost-letter-origin

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...frost-david-whitley-0908-20160907-column.html

"1997 was the last National Championship that Nebraska won. I say it here now in front of all of you that Frost cursed the Nebraska Cornhuskers January 2nd, 1998. The Football Gods have punished Nebraska for it’s insolence and whining (on that day) and this Saturday when Frost takes his UCF team onto the field at the Big House, Michigan will slow bleed the Knights into submission.

https://www.maizenbrew.com/2016/9/8...-column-scott-frost-ucf-national-championship

I think you got your accounts mixed up....

Fans may not view the this year's NU/MU game as the one to settle what happened in 1997, but any appearance by Scott Frost in Ann Arbor will create much more ire than a normal game.

Best Regards,

Carol Frost

I am surprised that you responded to my post since nothing in your reply refuted anything I said. Sure, Nebraska vs Michigan is a big game...duh. Does SF add to the "bigness," sure a little. But still, there aren't any fans stupid enough to think this year's game will prove who was better in 1997.

I did find Scott's Mom's letter to Michigan a real hoot. It's one thing to still have a vivid and bellicose opinion of basically a "split decision" for the NC 9 years after the fact, but borders on bizarre behavior to write a letter 9 years later extolling the virtues of a Bill Callahan victory over UM to cap a mediocre season. Maybe in her sixties, she forgot that it was 9 years ago and not 9 days ago. Oh well, got to hand it to her, she was a great competitor (still is) and raised one as well...God Bless her!

Best Regards,

Carol Frost

Is this letter real or a farce?

By this line from the link it sounds to me like it's BS. I really can't imagine this is from Carol Frost.

including the truth behind “the letter” – allegedly written by UCF head coach Scott Frost’s mom, Carol

Last edited:

There just can't be one person, other than the troll who posted it, that believes that crap... Although, I am none surprised as to the person who posted such crap, fits his MO to a T. Pathetic.
Are you talking about this guy: Chris Balas • TheWolverine.com?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back