• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Huskers lock up Davis twins after in-home visit Friday night. Missouri visit canceled

Status
Not open for further replies.
No worries... All I was getting at is kids think it's a good idea and then they find out how different college D1 athletics are. It's tough to beat people when you aren't doing something year round like they are...

Agree....only a few athletes have the "IT" to perform well in several sports over an extended period of time...seems baseball/football are the sports that can be done like this (but that is JMO). It can be done but it takes a tremendous amount of work......not only athletically but academically, too, as constant practicing/participating in multiple sports takes away from classroom and studying.

Love ya Mort, but no one is saying they should be forced to discontinue their track career. All that was being conversed, was when I said people find out it's nearly impossible, you said we have had numerous athletes do both. And we have failed to come up with one that did both sports longer than a year at Nebraska during this century. When I asked "who" I was basically given a list of failed attempts to do both sports in college at Nebraska...

There is always that one or two people that did it like Jameis Winston, who was such a freak that Nick Saban camped out at his high school to recruit him, something he had never done before and hasn't done since. Russell Wilson was forced to choose and then transferred because of it. Robert Griffin, an Olympic hopeful, only did one year of track at Baylor. Robert Griffin is a massive endorsement of just how difficult and nearly impossible it is...

Again, all im saying is that college throwing and running is much more technical than high school. The added weights of the shot and disc make it so you have to perfect your craft to be relevant. They could split time and do it and and not place at track meets so they would just be doing it for fun. Or they find out if they concentrate on one sport, they will be better at it. Just like Robert Rands, Eric Crouch, Luke Pinkelman, Dusty Stamer, Isaiah Fluellen, Steve Octavien, Trevor Johnson, and many others all found out...

Fair enough. I'll stick with a more optimistic outlook and you can stick with yours.

If the Davis twins get great enjoyment out of Discus it would be a great diversion. They will obviously have to pick a sport that takes precedent, but it is not impossible to excel at both.

Wow.....no need for that....

Fair enough. I'll stick with a more optimistic outlook and you can stick with yours.

If the Davis twins get great enjoyment out of Discus it would be a great diversion. They will obviously have to pick a sport that takes precedent, but it is not impossible to excel at both.

That is the crux well said.....

Agree....only a few athletes have the "IT" to perform well in several sports over an extended period of time...seems baseball/football are the sports that can be done like this (but that is JMO). It can be done but it takes a tremendous amount of work......not only athletically but academically, too, as constant practicing/participating in multiple sports takes away from classroom and studying.

D. TwinTerrors retweeted
Josh Harvey@JoshHarveyScout <small class="time" style="font-size: 13px; color: rgb(136, 153, 166);"> Jan 24</small>
Carlos and Khalil Davis (@DTwinTerrors) visiting #Nebraska. #Huskers

B8JhnS3CYAEK2Ri.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back