• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Huskers lock up Davis twins after in-home visit Friday night. Missouri visit canceled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just a question that I would like your thoughts on. Do they seem close enough that if when they are Juniors, say one is a first rounder and the other projected as a 7th. Does it seem they would both stay ine more year? Or one leave early. I adk because if they seem like 4 year players..play em early and often.
You are asking for a projection on what might happen with two incoming freshmen three or four years from now?

There are so many assumptions and/or possibilities that would need to be made to reach such a projection as to render the question and any answers completely worthless.

You are asking for a projection on what might happen with two incoming freshmen three or four years from now?

There are so many assumptions and/or possibilities that would need to be made to reach such a projection as to render the question and any answers completely worthless.

Worthless response #1.

Just a question that I would like your thoughts on. Do they seem close enough that if when they are Juniors, say one is a first rounder and the other projected as a 7th. Does it seem they would both stay ine more year? Or one leave early. I adk because if they seem like 4 year players..play em early and often.

How about we let em play some at the college level first?

FYI

“The coaches talked about how they see us fitting in with the defense and how they like us at the three-technique in the 4-3...They will run some 3-4 stuff on situation, I think we could also play in that scheme on the inside or outside
."

http://nebraska.scout.com/story/1503000-davis-twins-done-will-sign-with-nebraska

For the people on here who seem to know alot. I didnt think asking if the twins were close enough to stay through thier senior years if they both werent draftable yet. Also saying "we need these two" is the same assumtion to thier future productivity. I dont know much about them but I know and know of future recruits more. I know that they fo talk about the future alot.

For the people on here who seem to know alot. I didnt think asking if the twins were close enough to stay through thier senior years if they both werent draftable yet. Also saying "we need these two" is the same assumtion to thier future productivity. I dont know much about them but I know and know of future recruits more. I know that they fo talk about the future alot.

I'll take this one guys. Yes...maybe.

Not sure I understand what you are asking, but I'll bite.

When I look at these two, I don't necessarily think it is a lead pipe synch that either of these two would go pro after 3 years but it is very possible one of these two could develop into that kind of player. I would be thrilled if either of these guys would turn out to be THAT good. Both of them? Again possible but not necessarily probable. I think the real question is would they stay for a fifth year if either was redshirted? In other words, would it be better to play them as Freshmen or redshirt them? A redshirt doesn't do you much good if a kid doesn't return for the fifth year.

But this is getting ahead of ourselves. These guys have a ton of ability and the sky is the limit but they also have an element of unmolded clay about them. The one drawback that scouts have on them is that they often get by at the HS level on pure ability. Not a damning criticism as that can be said of many HS players with outstanding ability.

Will they redshirt? I find it hard to believe we will have the luxury of redshirting both of these guys. My thought is that one of these guys is going to play for sure. Part of me hopes we redshirt at least one of these guys for no other reason than that probably means we aren't having too many injuries or setbacks. But who knows early in the season when you have a chance to get some PT for young players what the injury situation will be down the road? I think if both guys are ready, both guys have a solid chance to play. Also remember, they can help out at DE as well.

As for down the road, I think Collins declares for the draft after this year. I am not quite so sure on Valentine. In any case, playing these guys right away would serve a benefit of having them ready to possibly move into the starting lineup in 2016. Maurice will be around but not much else on he active roster. Newell can and maybe should move inside and don't forget how well Foster played there last Fall. With our interior OL situation, I'm not sure we shouldn't move Foster over to the DL anyway (and maybe that will happen, who knows?)

We will need to really hit DT hard for the next recruiting cycle. I don't like any recruiting cycle where we don't grab at least two DT's. The Davis twins buy us some time, but we need to be careful here. We need to keep improving the numbers at both DT and DE.

Last edited:

To your earlier question, it's hard to say I guess. They definitely appear to be that close so it wouldn't surprise me. I have two cousins that are twins. They were as close as you could get growing up, but they went to different colleges to play different sports and now they don't even get along. Crazy.

My younger twin sisters are very close...went to the same college as Undergrads but different schools as Grads....and are still very close as they have always been....

To your earlier question, it's hard to say I guess. They definitely appear to be that close so it wouldn't surprise me. I have two cousins that are twins. They were as close as you could get growing up, but they went to different colleges to play different sports and now they don't even get along. Crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back