• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

How Far is Scott Frost from Taking Nebraska to the College Football Playoff?

I don't get it. What's "the egg man"?
source.gif

The egg man was Eric Burden....Eric had a fixation of cracking eggs over naked women's bodies. John witnessed that one night...I am the egg man

Last edited:
The egg man was Eric Burden....Eric had a fixation of cracking eggs over naked women's bodies. John witnessed that one night...I am the egg man
From the Animals? CSB

OK, how does that relate to his usage of the term?

Wins and losses are not a function of the season totals for PF and PA. Only in individual games.

I can have a team with high PF and low PA who has a losing season, and another team with high PA and low PF with a winning season.

Any team in competition for the CPF will not show that kind of scoring inversion. Also, please provide examples of teams with that kind of scoring inversion. It might be possible, but in reality I don't think it's sustainable over a full season.

I already had the data. Since 1980, there are 210 teams which fell into this inversion situation out of 4459 total games. 32 had 6 wins, 128 had 5 wins, 43 had 4 wins, and 7 had 3 wins. Average is about 8 times per year. I'll admit, I'm kinda surprise there are this many. Regardless, none of these teams is relevant in the CFP discussion.

Any team in competition for the CPF will not show that kind of scoring inversion. Also, please provide examples of teams with that kind of scoring inversion. It might be possible, but in reality I don't think it's sustainable over a full season.
My point still stands. An entire season's wins and losses are not a function of season totals for PF and PA.

2007 Huskers is another good example. A full 25% of the points they scored on the season were scored in garbage time, defined as the last 5 minutes of a game where one team is up by at least three scores.

How would those garbage PF apply to the next season with a different coach?

I can’t help but see this as yet another mistake. The Huskers will perform better this Fall. Seriously, anyone who thinks otherwise hasn’t been paying actual attention!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back