• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

HOL HD: Ryan Held Husker Nation Tour

Dude has eyes in the back of his head!

Wonder if Held had as good a motor as a player as he does as a coach?

Thanks for posting the vid, Navy!

FB position is gone, no carries from that position. I'm okay with that given our new offensive approach, others might not be. For everyone who hates Riley, Andy Janovich probably thanks him for the opportunity to get some big plays. He was our last successful FB and is now in the NFL. Miles was smart to leave when he did.

Ryan Held is saying that Maurice Washington is still working on his eligibility. Sounds like there is still a chance we could see him on the field this year. He spoke of Miles Jones being used in the Duck R position...being used as both a RB & WR. We'll have a new offense, a new defense, a new QB, we'll have Bell at RB, and Woodyard could become a serious playmaker.

Yes, we have a tough schedule and the pundits think we will only get 6 wins, but honestly, how can anyone know that this offense (or defense) will do?

"Sorry everyone, but this special package cannot be opened until 1 September."

depositphotos_66270055-stock-photo-happy-elegant-lady-receiving-a.jpg

Last edited:
Guess you have not been around since Frost took over. This is not breaking news. Your first Clue should have been Ben Miles left the team.
No need for a personal attack, no matter how nuanced. But, my point is Ryan has no need to dance around the issue as he did...he ought just answer the question. It isn't a big deal, no need to get miffed about it. Heck, we have only had one or two decent years of FB play in over 10 years...

Last edited:
No need for a personal attack, no matter how nuanced. But, my point is Ryan has no need to dance around the issue as he did...he ought just answer the question. It isn't a big deal, no need to get miffed about it. Heck, we have only had one or two decent years of FB play in over 10 years...

I thought Held was fairly open about the function of a "fullback" in this offense - there basically isn't any. The tight ends serve the function as blockers, and give the added benefit of being pass threats. Held said something about the offense having evolved away from giving a fullback the ball in the backfield. As you said, no big deal, he did answer the question. Folks who are knowledgeable about football have no issues deciphering what he was saying - even though they may not like the elimination of the fullback position in the offensive scheme.

I thought Held was fairly open about the function of a "fullback" in this offense - there basically isn't any. The tight ends serve the function as blockers, and give the added benefit of being pass threats. Held said something about the offense having evolved away from giving a fullback the ball in the backfield. As you said, no big deal, he did answer the question. Folks who are knowledgeable about football have no issues deciphering what he was saying - even though they may not like the elimination of the fullback position in the offensive scheme.
Again, no need for a nuanced personal atttack, especially one that is stupid on its face. Everyone has known that the FB is gone in this offense for a long time now. Yet, Held danced around the question rather than being straightforward...that surprised me and was why I commented. That folks here have to pretend every single utterance of this staff is perfect makes me laugh. Seems for many they have many more football Gods than just TO now.

Last edited:
Again, no need for a nuanced personal atttack, especially one that is stupid on its face. Everyone has known that the FB is gone in this offense for a long time now. Yet, Held danced around the question rather than being straightforward...that surprised me and was why I commented. That folks here have to pretend every single utterance of this staff is perfect makes me laugh. Seems for many they have many more football Gods than just TO now.

It’s good we can all find things to make us laugh! :Lol:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back