• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Having a little fun with local sports media

For the record, Sean is not too happy about it, and has already been apologized to.

Who would be? That went beyond a joke in my opinion.
It looked like they were trying to do a takeoff of the old SNL routine where Chris Farley would interview famous people (like Paul McCartney) and fawn all over them. But they failed miserably.

Watching that video gave me the exact opposite feeling of what you're supposed to get from a comedy video. I imagine it's similar to the feeling I would get if I watched a snuff film.

It is lame. They have a show on TV that airs each week after Saturday Night Live. I watched part of their first episode when it debuted a couple years ago. Looks like it really hasn't gotten better.

Comedy isn't easy, but these guys are trying too hard.

I've watched the show a few times and outside of one or two funny skits, it is pretty terrible. Crouch has been on that show a couple times, and Houston Alexander is on there all the time. They did have one skit called "Straight Outta Creighton" that was a rap set to
"Straight Outta Compton" mocking Creighton students. I did get a chuckle out of that one.

Who would be? That went beyond a joke in my opinion.
I admit that the concept they were going for with Callahan was funny. If they had just left it with the physical part (wide eyed, deer in headlights look) they would have been ok. But they took it further and made Callahan out to look like he was stupid. That's when it got uncomfortable instead of funny.

To put it bluntly, that was stupid, dumb, and makes those guys look it also. Why would you do something like that? It wasn't even remotely funny. Don't even understand the point of it.

To put this in context for people that live outside the Omaha Metro.....Omaha live is a 30 minute show that comes on right after Saturday Night Live.

Other than that.....they do have some pretty good sketches, this one isn't one of them. But, you've seen the Husker ones posted on here before (Husker support hotline) The rest of the show is overly corny and focuses on a lot of stuff you wouldn't understand if you didn't live in Omaha.

To put this in context for people that live outside the Omaha Metro.....Omaha live is a 30 minute show that comes on right after Saturday Night Live.

Other than that.....they do have some pretty good sketches, this one isn't one of them. But, you've seen the Husker ones posted on here before (Husker support hotline) The rest of the show is overly corny and focuses on a lot of stuff you wouldn't understand if you didn't live in Omaha.
Overly corny? Was the pun intended?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back