• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Having a little fun with local sports media

Well, that was interesting. I guess things are a little too happy and positive around here, so time to shake things up a bit.

I did think the Peter comment was low, but I took it for what it was worth. Not hilarious, but some parts that made me smile -- I think Callahan has come a long way and I'm sure he loves what he does, but I do get that "deer-in-headlights"/"how-did-that-guy-get-in" vibe at times. :)

It is certainly different to see local media get attacked -- next they will find a gruff-speaker for Sip; someone who uses big words and can also promote some juicer (always talking about what happens when the juice is squeezed) for Benning; a guy who mocks fandom while being a fan himself in Sharp, etc.

I wonder if that's why it feels cruel and a little low.

I did think the Peter comment was low, but I took it for what it was worth. Not hilarious, but some parts that made me smile -- I think Callahan has come a long way and I'm sure he loves what he does, but I do get that "deer-in-headlights"/"how-did-that-guy-get-in" vibe at times. :)

It is certainly different to see local media get attacked -- next they will find a gruff-speaker for Sip; someone who uses big words and can also promote some juicer (always talking about what happens when the juice is squeezed) for Benning; a guy who mocks fandom while being a fan himself in Sharp, etc.

I wonder if that's why it feels cruel and a little low.
Yeah I agree with the Peter comment but I guess I don't see any of it as cruel since they're adults and public figures. If it was going after the players it would be a different story.

(Rhetorical question and not directed solely at you @MonagHusker) Is making fun of other public figures, journalists, etc. more acceptable?

Yeah I agree with the Peter comment but I guess I don't see any of it as cruel since they're adults and public figures. If it was going after the players it would be a different story.

(Rhetorical question and not directed solely at you @MonagHusker) Is making fun of other public figures, journalists, etc. more acceptable?

I know you said not directed at me and I don't tend to have an issue with the production (other than the Peter thing only because it seemed too personal). I was wondering if it was the local part that made it different for some?

I know you said not directed at me and I don't tend to have an issue with the production (other than the Peter thing only because it seemed too personal). I was wondering if it was the local part that made it different for some?
I appreciate the reply. I think you could be onto something and I do understand that point of view.

It's fine fine to make fun of public figures. However, this video was just lame. It seemed more like a skit written by a middle school class.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back