• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Favorite movie

BigNed

Cafe Bro
15 Year Member
What is your favorite movie or documentary. Personally I enjoy older movies or now documentary. any suggestions? I enjoyed "Making of a Murderer". I would like to hear your thoughts and recommendations.

"Making of a Murderer" was a great show. It played out like a slow, frame-by-frame train wreck. :)
I recently watched for the first time the Ken Burns series on Vietnam. I like just about everything he has done and this was very good as well.

Another good one I just watched on Netflix was the "American Experience: The Big Burn". The book was great and the show did a good job following the book. The show is about the politics surrounding the formation of the Forest Service and the forest fire of 1910 that killed 87 people. Here is the wikipedia link if you want to read some about the fire to see if you are interested in watching the show. The book is a fast read as well. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Fire_of_1910

All time favorite “Band of brothers”. I also enjoyed “Bosch” as HHS stated above, read 18 of the books. They are awesome if you like that sort of thing.

Never heard of that one, is it something new?
tumblr_m4tsramCAy1qzyang.gif

What is your favorite movie or documentary. Personally I enjoy older movies or now documentary. any suggestions? I enjoyed "Making of a Murderer". I would like to hear your thoughts and recommendations.
I don't generally go see documentaries but I like the History channel for WW2 pieces and BBC's Planet Earth are favorites of mine.

Some good older movies are (depending on how old you mean):

Casablanca
Blade Runner
Apocalypse Now
The Fifth Element (another vote)
James Bond (Goldfinger)
John Wayne
Clint Eastwood's No Name trilogy
Star Wars
Full Metal Jacket
The Big Lebowski
ET
Monty Python and the Holy Grail (or anything from from MP)

"Making of a Murderer" was a great show. It played out like a slow, frame-by-frame train wreck. :)
I recently watched for the first time the Ken Burns series on Vietnam. I like just about everything he has done and this was very good as well.

Another good one I just watched on Netflix was the "American Experience: The Big Burn". The book was great and the show did a good job following the book. The show is about the politics surrounding the formation of the Forest Service and the forest fire of 1910 that killed 87 people. Here is the wikipedia link if you want to read some about the fire to see if you are interested in watching the show. The book is a fast read as well. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Fire_of_1910
I''ll watch it tonight, thanks

If you like crime documentaries check out Evil Genius on Netflix.

I don't generally go see documentaries but I like the History channel for WW2 pieces and BBC's Planet Earth are favorites of mine.

Some good older movies are (depending on how old you mean):

Casablanca
Blade Runner
Apocalypse Now
The Fifth Element (another vote)
James Bond (Goldfinger)
John Wayne
Clint Eastwood's No Name trilogy
Star Wars
Full Metal Jacket
The Big Lebowski
ET
Monty Python and the Holy Grail (or anything from from MP)

Thanks, I've watched with quite a few of those. John Wayne, no brainer for me. I haven't seen ET or Star Wars. I will try to find The Fifth Element. Full Metal Jaket and The Big Lebowski are two of my favorites.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back