1. You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.
    Dismiss Notice

Empty Seats & Leaving Early

Discussion in 'Other Teams' started by alabamahusker, Apr 5, 2019.

1. alabamahusker

alabamahusker Scout Team 15 Year Member

2. Huskerthom

Huskerthom All Legend 5 Year Member

First world problems.

Bigger Ed likes this.
  3. Porkchopexpress

Porkchopexpress Junior Varsity 5 Year Member

Jeez, Nick Saban can be a female dog. I doubt many students miss or leave incredibly early during SEC games, but if Nick is so concerned about students leaving, maybe he should try scheduling some better non-conference home games. This season, it's New Mexico State, Southern Miss and West Carolina. Last season it was Arkansas State, La-Lafayette and the Citadel. Plus, it's freaking hot in Alabama during September afternoon games. Also, how will the school track when students leave? That seems like a really difficult thing to do and prove, unless students have to scan their ID to leave the stadium.

4. ColoREDo

ColoREDo REDo posts matter!!! 10 Year Member

The stepford fanbase.

5. BubbaGene

BubbaGene Tuff Schist 10 Year Member

Leave early and forgo participating in that wonderful, life-affirming SEC SEC SEC chant at the end of the game? If I'm a student, I am NOT missing that.

goodnterribles likes this.
  6. Elwood von Kiowa

Elwood von Kiowa Grad Assistant 5 Year Member

I think they (we, NU) should hand out $20 bills to everyone as they are exiting the gates - starting 2 minutes after game time expires.

7. Bigger Ed

Bigger Ed Red Shirt

Any student who leaves early should have his birthday revoked. ACHTUNG! YOUR STUDENT FEES DO NOT ENTITLE YOU TO COME AND GO AS YOU PLEASE!!!

Red Dead Redemption likes this.
  8. coherbie

coherbie Starter 15 Year Member

emptying out early can be a common coed problem, they tend to last longer as each season progresses.

:wink:

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  9. berryhusker

berryhusker Travel Squad 10 Year Member

Geez, people do have lives beyond attending college sporting events. I remember a home game in 2012 when I had to leave early because my friend got heat stroke and had to leave via ambulance. If I had been docked points I would have lost my you-know-what. I thought red states were more into personal freedom than this, guess that stereotype is wrong. What a BS move if it happens.

10. berryhusker

berryhusker Travel Squad 10 Year Member

Now that is an idea that is inline with research- positive reinforcement is better at shaping behavior than punishment. Great post

11. cthusker

cthusker You talken to me? 5 Year Member

An extremely stupid idea imo. Might have some students simply don't show up for some games to avoid being penalized? People want to leave they can leave... it's not the freaken Gulag.. well perhaps with Little Nick it's close!

12. HuskerWeatherman

HuskerWeatherman Husker Fan 15 Year Member

While I'm not convinced a reward system is a good idea, I do think the concerns with student attendance at games is everywhere -- not just Alabama. We've discussed this several times previously -- both with Nebraska and at a national level. Ticket sales, no shows, and leaving early are all not what they once were -- and probably never will be again.

13. joestrummer

joestrummer Late of Pablo Fanque's Fair 10 Year Member

It's a miracle if I make it to the 4th quarter. Usually I'm gone by halftime.

14. Middle-aged_Ball_Coach

Middle-aged_Ball_Coach Red Shirt

Airline miles? lunch? virginity? bird dog?

Was I close?!?
    ;)

15. Middle-aged_Ball_Coach

Middle-aged_Ball_Coach Red Shirt

[​IMG]

berryhusker likes this.