• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Creighton Thread

http://www.omaha.com/article/201203...2#shatel-bluejays-merit-new-digs-for-practice

What's next for the Creighton Bluejays?

A basketball practice facility?

It's probably a long shot anytime soon. But CU Athletic Director Bruce Rasmussen says it's high on his priority list, but not necessarily the university's. The Jays have seen a lot of great athletic facilities go up in recent years. But men's basketball is still in the old gym, without the bells and whistles that Rasmussen says Bradley, Illinois State, Evansville, Missouri State and Drake are building in their own league.

"I like where we are in a lot of things," Rasmussen said. "But when you look at the athletes' home, where we are every day. The locker room. We don't have a lounge, a players lounge area. We don't have a film room, a weight room. Our academic support is a classroom area. I would say even in our league, we're probably ninth or 10th when you look at your home, practice gym, all those things."

Now would be the time the really push donors for some $$...I imagine everyone is going to be in a good mood for at least another couple years.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back