• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Consensus 4-star CB Chase Williams is N

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome news.

I notice that he wears glasses, and I haven't really thought about that before now, but what do they (glasses-wearers) do during games? I imagine contacts would be a dangerous proposition with all of the impacts, but are actual glasses any better? Do they have elastic banded glasses or prescription lenses for their helmet visors?
I wore contacts in HS football. No big thing. Not dangerous. Maybe having a backup pair with the equipment managers is a good contingency. And, they do make prescription sports glasses but they were a pain in the butt.

We're a long way from what we had:

"This week there was some gray area of (assistants) really not deciding where they wanted to go until the last minute," Els said. "There were either options or it was a situation where we said … I don’t know. It was just different for some reason of being a little bit unsure on where to go. I guess I don’t know why."

https://www.google.com/amp/www.corn...-riley-playing-chess-tossing-the-checkers-out

"Some kids will make the circuit," Els said. "They'll go along that East Coast and hit four or five schools. Well, when you come to Nebraska, where else are you going to go? No place is really very close. They have to make a special trip. ... It's not an excuse. It's just a fact that it's hard to get kids up here early.

Last edited:

"This week there was some gray area of (assistants) really not deciding where they wanted to go until the last minute," Els said. "There were either options or it was a situation where we said … I don’t know. It was just different for some reason of being a little bit unsure on where to go. I guess I don’t know why."

To add some context, I think Els said that in an interview with the LJS in the summer of 2013. Heading into Big Red Weekend that year, NU had 4 signees in a class that would ultimately be ranked #36 by 247. IMO, Bo was phoning it in by that time. Dude was ready to get out of Dodge.

Last edited:

Need a link for this thanks.

RR

We'll see how it plays out. Win some games, sky is the limit. A few dudes can change the course. NU just has got to figure out how to win. Simple as that. Everything else is in place, and in most cases, better than anyone else.
I agree... I just hate the narrative "recruit at 'x' level and we can win championships" because it takes so much more than that. Wisconsin and Sparty proved it can be done without that, Michigan proved it takes more than that. But to your point, national championships definitely require a higher level of athlete. We wouldn't have done well against Clemson or Alabama last year, and we certainly didn't against Ohio State.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back