• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Chatelain: With Scott Frost's new system, a culture war is coming to the Big Ten

• Thread starter Deleted member 3561
  • Start date
UCF was no interest to me until SF name came up. Their Def numbers are not all that impressive. All I said is if their Def is any indication of what we should expect it needs a lot of work. Off ...no question
Time will tell
UCF's scoring defense was ranked better than Texas's scoring offense this season (#53 to #61).

And UCF's scoring D was up around #30 in the country prior to the last two high scoring affairs. A third of their points allowed on the season were in their last two games. Like I said, if you only watched their last two games . . .

Last edited by a moderator:

UCF's scoring defense was ranked better than Texas's scoring offense this season (#53 to #61).

And UCF's scoring D was up around #30 in the country prior to the last two high scoring affairs. 50% of their points allowed on the season were in their last two games. Like I said, if you only watched their last two games . . .
70th in Red Zone Def
110th in passing yards allowed
66th rushing Def

stop with the last 2 games nonsense

70th in Red Zone Def
110th in passing yards allowed
66th rushing Def

stop with the last 2 games nonsense

FYI, I edited my post. 1/3 of points scored were in last two games. And I don't care much about other stats. Scoreboard is #1.

But roughly 50% of the passing yards allowed were in the last two games.

So yeah, go back and look at their defensive stats before they played (and won) their tenth and eleventh games in a row without a break against two top 5 offenses.

Are you just looking for something to complain about?

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI, I edited my post. 1/3 of points scored were in last two games. And I don't care much about other stats. Scoreboard is #1.

But roughly 50% of the passing yards allowed were in the last two games.

So yeah, go back and look at their defensive stats before they played (and won) their tenth and eleventh games in a row without a break against two top 5 offenses.

Are you just looking for something to complain about?
Nope just giving an opinion.. Just like yourself. It's what we do here.

Except that isn't what he said. He didn't guarantee the spread meant a bad defense. I think that has been proportionally blown up through out this thread. He did make note of some statistical numbers that SF's defense's were laying out the last couple of games as a concern. I'm guessing that is somewhat alarming to everyone including Scott Frost and something he wants to work on for improvement.
So I reject Chatelain's thesis that a spread offense guarantees a bad defense. There's examples of teams who run spread offenses and have great defense.
I was responding directly to this line here, in the OP. Hope that clears that up.

go back and look at their defensive stats before they played (and won) their tenth and eleventh games in a row without a break against two top 5 offenses.
Very true. I had looked it up a couple days ago and while it wasn't great it was pretty decent. Turnover margin was outstanding.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back