• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Charles Njoku commits to UCLA

Status
Not open for further replies.
UCLA is no better. Aikman's senior year they put a pretty good whooping on us. I was just trying to walk ut of the stadium with a friend. As we are walking up the stairs. 8 separate guys threw punches at me. Luckily I was sober they were not. I dicked the punches and threw them into the crowd and kept walking.
Let me make sure I understand this. You were peacefully leaving the game just minding your own business, and eight separate dudes, completely unprovoked by you, decided to try and punch you in the face just because you were wearing U$C garb?

Uh, okay.

I’ve never heard of UCLA football having a good atmosphere. I’ve heard that there are always a lot of good seats available for their games.

That being said, without any connection to either school, and visiting both in January, I have no problem imagining how the scales could tilt in favor of the one not experiencing sub zero temps.
You are correct, the Rose Bowl is almost never sold out for UCLA games and the atmosphere is mellow. Some players may actually prefer that, without the pressure of a frenzied crowd screaming at them. Also, I believe that the only two official visits Njoku made were to Nebraska and UCLA, and both were in January so he wouldn't have experienced a game-day atmosphere. Being from New Jersey, maybe the only college stadium he has ever been to is Rutgers. So he may not even know what a big-time college game-day experience is like.

I have said it before in this forum but I always find it interesting when a player rejects Nebraska how a thread goes on for pages of angst and teeth gnashing. Yet many folks when we get a commitment often do not even post in the commitment thread

He chose to go to UCLA which his right to do so. I wish him luck and am excited to see who the next Husker commit will be

We have put together a great class and its going to be fun to where this train goes in the future

I have said it before in this forum but I always find it interesting when a player rejects Nebraska how a thread goes on for pages of angst and teeth gnashing. Yet many folks when we get a commitment often do not even post in the commitment thread

He chose to go to UCLA which his right to do so. I wish him luck and am excited to see who the next Husker commit will be

We have put together a great class and its going to be fun to where this train goes in the future
It’s like when a dude gets rejected by a girl he’s been going after then tells all his buddies she was crazy or he decided she wasn’t hot enough

Let me make sure I understand this. You were peacefully leaving the game just minding your own business, and eight separate dudes, completely unprovoked by you, decided to try and punch you in the face just because you were wearing U$C garb?

Uh, okay.
Believe it or not. that is what happened. I think the 1st one was the only real jerky boy. The rest probably saw us push the others in the crowd and though they would give it a shot. We were two 25 year old Marines who were sober. They were all drunk. Drunks don't really need a good reason to throw a punch to "prove they were men."

It’s like when a dude gets rejected by a girl he’s been going after then tells all his buddies she was crazy or he decided she wasn’t hot enough
My favorite thing like this was when a guy would come back to the barracks with two black eyes and a broken nose. Always with the same response. You should have seen the other guy.

Call me crazy, but if I was 18 again, I can think of a couple reasons why UCLA would be interesting....
cwsuclatshirt.jpg

Oh darling! Use that body while you still have it! LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back