• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Burn the Boats

After last years debacle, 8 wins would be a good year, and I think a reasonable expectation. Anything over 8 wins, will be a really good year.

I would not classify this as unreasonable expectations. 8 wins would be a good year and is within reach. It's the NC talk that is unreasonable and I should have stated that in my first post. Do I think Frost can win a NC, of course. But give him some time to get there. I agree with you that this is fun to discuss to past the time during the off season.

I would not classify this as unreasonable expectations. 8 wins would be a good year and is within reach. It's the NC talk that is unreasonable and I should have stated that in my first post. Do I think Frost can win a NC, of course. But give him some time to get there. I agree with you that this is fun to discuss to past the time during the off season.
I mean seriously, I drink of the Kool-aid quite a bit, but even I don't think we will get close the NC this year, or even next year, but damn, how sweet would it be..... 2020 at the earliest, if I'm being realistic. I think that that is achievable. Time will tell....

Also, I am waiting for the ever fun, alternate uniform thread, it's kind of early in the off season for that, but..... ;):Biggrin:

So, to sum up you believe that if NU just so happens to go 2-10, 3-9, 2-10 and 3-9 in Frost's first 4 years, then NU cannot pull the plug because they cannot attract another nationally-sought-after coach with B1G money at their disposal?

Strolling through the hypothetical world here. We have to declare it because certain posters here can't tell the difference.

I appreciate clarifications. If the scenario above happens. Here is how the world might look:
-- Sell out streak done
-- walk on program no longer on life support, it would be dead, i.e., why take a walk on offer to play for the program formerly known as nebraska?
-- having to recruit players that want to play immediately, i.e., that is what a losing program has to do, has to recruit a different mentality.
-- there is unlikely another coach on the horizon with a nebraska connection (Zac Taylor? might be closest) and that matters to boosters, fans, etc. whether it should or should not, it matters here
-- We will closer in perception to Minnesota (a team that won lots of national championships that no one remembers) than to Oklahoma (a team that won a national championship only 3 years after us in 2000 but somehow they win enough to make it seem relevant today).

Support the Frost machine. Sell out the 2019 Spring game!

We tried burn the boats once iirc
Wait what?
gameofthronesfannnn.gif

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back