• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked BSC NC Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pookey

Red Shirt
10 Year Member
I say if the BCS pairs LSU-Alabama for the NC game, we all boycott watching it. That'll show em! :lol:

I have no interest in it and I suspect the ratings for this game will be among the lowest if not lowest in the BCS MNC era...

I don't think I will watch it either. It is always a late game. I might go to a watch party since my tv won't be on and won't count towards the ratings.;)

I will probably still watch it (either at a watch party or by hosting one). I like College Football - BCS, Playoffs, Bowl Coalition, Old Bowl System, Plus One... I don't care, I just like to watch.

Why? They're clearly the two best teams in the country. Would it be more entertaining to watch Okie State's great offense go up against LSU's defense? Definitely. But, they're definitely not as well rounded a team as LSU and 'Bama.

Gary Danielson made a good point a while ago where he showed the offensive and defensive national rankings for LSU, 'Bama and Okie St. The disparity between Okie State's offensive and defensive ranking is too wide (3rd ranked offense and 107th ranked defense). He said the defense should be ranked in the 50's or 60's to be considered for the national championship game, and I agree.

Last edited:
I have no interest in it and I suspect the ratings for this game will be among the lowest if not lowest in the BCS MNC era...

Wow, really? They're both great teams and I for one will watch. The combined talent level (regardless of how they obtain it) in that game is going to be incredible. I know, we've already seen them play, but I think the rematch will have a lot more entertainment value.

If that is what happens, I just hope that LSU wins it or we really don't have anything. This is one year that the bowl season is stilted against the best team. PS reminds me a bit of 82 where NU had everything on the line and Miami could just play loose.

PS looking back now I almost wish Osborne would have kicked the extra point. Going for it essentially gave Miami a title. Then again . . . sometimes losing shows more class then winning.

Last edited:

it's pretty hard to convince a college football fan not to watch the championship game.... but that would be the biggest statement the anti-BCS crowd could make -- bring down the TV ratings.

No Huskers, no care! The title game is over 5 weeks away and my interests slowly move on to the NFL. If the title game were the day after the other major bowls my interest might still be there but the wait is too long, especially when there are 2 teams I could care less about. If Okie St. slips in I'll watch, otherwise Go Packers!

So are OSu, Va Tech, Stanford and Boise State to name just a few.....we will never know who the best one loss team really is in this system...and that is a fact....

Wow, really? They're both great teams and I for one will watch. The combined talent level (regardless of how they obtain it) in that game is going to be incredible. I know, we've already seen them play, but I think the rematch will have a lot more entertainment value.

again, why should LSU have to beat Alabama twice -- while Bama can go 1-1 and claim the title?

i have never in my life considered a rematch to be entertaining. oh wait -- i was super pumped for the rematch in the holiday bowl against washington last season... pumped!

Yup.....Bingo....

again, why should LSU have to beat Alabama twice -- while Bama can go 1-1 and claim the title?

i have never in my life considered a rematch to be entertaining. oh wait -- i was super pumped for the rematch in the holiday bowl against washington last season... pumped!

So are OSu, Va Tech, Stanford and Boise State to name just a few.....we will never know who the best one loss team really is in this system...and that is a fact....

Won't argue with that. I say play all the bowls earlier, then take the winners of the top 4 BCS bowls and have a two game playoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back