• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked BSC NC Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the BCS mess who knows....a crummy system that does not work.....depends on how biased the human vote will be.....and that is a problem unto itself....

Honestly I think OSu could beat LSU....but that is my opinion and it should be decided on the field not with preception or opinion or biases.....

Think Okie Lite might jump 'bama if they keep pouring it on.

Why don't we have a playoff and decide it on the field? Not by someone's perception or opinion....

When did this become a qualifier to be considered for the title game? What about offense? What should the offensive ranking be for consideration? Sounds kind of far-fetched to me. Why don't we wait till all the games are played out first to see what we're left with?

With the BCS mess who knows....a crummy system that does not work.....depends on how biased the human vote will be.....and that is a problem unto itself....

Honestly I think OSu could beat LSU....but that is my opinion and it should be decided on the field not with preception or opinion or biases.....

I have no dog in the playoffs vs. BCS debate (I see many issues on both sides, so I prefer to enjoy the way it is for now and plan to enjoy it when playoffs happen too). But, I think you are right about Okie State instead of 'Bama this year. Hope it works out that way.

I have a dog in this fight as my sister is OSu alum....but besides that they sure look the real deal....but with the lousy system who knows....

I have no dog in the playoffs vs. BCS debate (I see many issues on both sides, so I prefer to enjoy the way it is for now and plan to enjoy it when playoffs happen too). But, I think you are right about Okie State instead of 'Bama this year. Hope it works out that way.

Why don't we have a playoff and decide it on the field? Not by someone's perception or opinion....

Okie St is making a strong push...I've seen LSU/Bama no need to see it twice. Bama is an incredible team with one very important loss. Makes all the difference. NC Should never be same conference teams no matter how good.

No argument from me....the human voters will swing this one way or the other and either way one of the one loss teams is going to feel slighted, screwed etc....

Okie St is making a strong push...I've seen LSU/Bama no need to see it twice. Bama is an incredible team with one very important loss. Makes all the difference. NC Should never be same conference teams no matter how good.

Then you dislike every other division in college football and everyother sport....right?

Problem is it doesn't work as it is....

I don't care for the BcS so much, but I like the uniqueness of Div.1/bfsc (big football school championship) or what ever it's called now. I'd rather it went back to just the bowl matchups that we used to have.

Playoffs don't tell us who's #1 anyway, just who got hot at the right time.

Then you dislike every other division in college football and everyother sport....right?

Problem is it doesn't work as it is....

Agree but the difficulty is the $$'s, BCS power and also somehow keeping it fair. There will always be a team that is on the outside be it 4,6, 8 or however you decide the top teams.

Agree but the difficulty is the $$'s, BCS power and also somehow keeping it fair. There will always be a team that is on the outside be it 4,6, 8 or however you decide the top teams.

if you have 4, 6, or 8 teams, you'll have the two best teams in the mix 99% of the time. if you have 2 teams (as now), you probably have the two best teams in there 60-70% of the time (if that).

one thing seems certain, you aren't going to please a large percentage of the college football community with whichever team is chosen as BCS #2 this season. and with the way okie state is pounding OU, the "hate" for the system will be extremely loud if Alabama still gets in.

Last edited:

No way....fair OSu making it real hard for the BCS not to pick them for the MNC game....someone is going to be real unhappy with this system tomorrow night....

if you have 4, 6, or 8 teams, you'll have the two best teams in the mix 99% of the time. if you have 2 teams (as now), you probably have the two best teams in there 60-70% of the time (if that).

Agree - I am in the playoff camp...Always feels better to win on the field than by a vote

T. Boone will be raising some hell.....as will those of us who despise this mess called the BCS....

one thing seems certain, you aren't going to please a large percentage of the college football community with whichever team is chosen as BCS #2 this season. and with the way okie state is pounding, OU, the "hate" for the system will be extremely loud if Alabama still gets in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back