• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Bryan Munson on the Brett Kane Show (7/18/17) Discusses his interview with Blades in detail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Life is so much easier when you blame others for your problems and shortcomings. Then one day you find yourself on a street corner telling all of the other losers what might have been had you not been screwed over, all the while knowing deep down inside you blew it.
+1000

too bad for the kid, I know it falls on him, but he obviiously needed some better advice years ago, as well as some better modeling of what successful behavior looks like.
Although I somewhat agree. this is not always the case. I have worked/coached a lot of kids. Many including my own son simply refuse to listen. I have told many a kid. "In ten years tyou are going to hate yourself. You are going to see players less talented then you playing on Saturday and Sunday." At 15 or 16 some kids just believe it will all come together somehow. Despite what those around say.

If he couldnt make it in High School getting a qualified ACT score, I think his chances of earning a degree are about the same. He's probably going JUCO to "play football" and although they will probably do all they can to help him attain his degree and get into D1, he better know now that he has to do the schoolwork to make it.

Although I somewhat agree. this is not always the case. I have worked/coached a lot of kids. Many including my own son simply refuse to listen. I have told many a kid. "In ten years tyou are going to hate yourself. You are going to see players less talented then you playing on Saturday and Sunday." At 15 or 16 some kids just believe it will all come together somehow. Despite what those around say.

Yep. Some just don't understand and refuse to listen.

Growing up and learning to be accountable for ones decisions, sometimes isn't easy. All of you young athletes who want to make it big in sports, don't neglect your studies. You may not think your formal education is important, but you'll soon learn it is VERY important for so many reasons.

Good luck to Mr Blades and many hopes that he succeeds in the classroom and on the field. If he makes it back to NU all the better.

Bryan Munson - the 'journalist' who gushed Jack Stoll was a future NFL'er while the young man was a high school senior.

No one knows if he is accurately reflecting the scenario. Or is talking like a shill on an infomercial to a targeted audience, hoping they buy what he's selling. Literally.

I completely agree as some kids have so much talent yet they don't have the work ethic or the drive to properly use them and there is nothing you can say or do to make them.

Bryan Munson - the 'journalist' who gushed Jack Stoll was a future NFL'er while the young man was a high school senior.

No one knows if he is accurately reflecting the scenario. Or is talking like a shill on an infomercial to a targeted audience, hoping they buy what he's selling. Literally.

Once again your trolling a thread. I have asked you on numerous occasions to stop doing this. The irony being that you railed against other posters giving Blades a hard time. Yet you make very personal remarks about Munson. Height of hypocrsey

So I am going to ban you from this thread and give you a couple of days off because I am tired of asking you to stop this stuff.

You need to stop this and stop now

RR

Last edited:

I'd keep in mind many of these 'journalists' get some pretty good insight into these kids. They have numerous conversations, and can create their own form of relationship. They also can't go around tossing recruits under the bus, or they risk other recruits shying away from being interviewed by them. Shills don't last.

Good luck to Mr Blades and many hopes that he succeeds in the classroom and on the field. If he makes it back to NU all the better.
Based on what we know of Blades at this point, he would have to make a remarkable improvement in not only academics, but likely in attitude as well to be welcome back to DONU.
If our recruiting success continues to trend down the current path then we will likely have other equally capable recruits within reach in the next couple years.
If he continues down the current, anticipated path, he must sit out another 1 or 2 years to qualify for the NFL draft once he completes 2 years of JUCO.

Life is so much easier when you blame others for your problems and shortcomings. Then one day you find yourself on a street corner telling all of the other losers what might have been had you not been screwed over, all the while knowing deep down inside you blew it.
We are talking about an 18 year old kid. Not quite an adult yet. He will learn about life soon enough. We don't know the circumstances of how he was raised. I know I couldn't make adult decisions at that age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back