• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Bookie decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Tussing......................has to be one of the moderators or at the very least members of HM. I swear he has the same doom and gloom I've heard time and time again from the Pro Riley faction.

How about pro Nebraska Huskers for once..........if a coach isn't cutting it, then it should be expected we are going to lose recruits. Chris can cry a river and blame the fans, the fact is, if MR and staff were getting it done, this entire tweet and discussion would be for not. Put blame where it belongs, p*** poor results.

Chris Tussing......................has to be one of the moderators or at the very least members of HM. I swear he has the same doom and gloom I've heard time and time again from the Pro Riley faction.

How about pro Nebraska Huskers for once..........if a coach isn't cutting it, then it should be expected we are going to lose recruits. Chris can cry a river and blame the fans, the fact is, if MR and staff were getting it done, this entire tweet and discussion would be for not. Put blame where it belongs, p*** poor results.

Keep the personal stuff out of it like you are entitled to your opinion others are entitled to theirs without this sort of response. No need for it what so ever. Over the line.

RR

Last edited:
Keep the personal stuff out of it like you are entitled to your opinion others are entitled to theirs without this sort of response. No need for it what so ever. Over the line.

RR

I think the only personal stuff was your response to me via pm.

I didn't post an opinion of the tweet....i posted a fact that many posters and folks running the board are posting their opinion through tweets like this that holds no more merit than if another coach comes forward and we all of a sudden won't be able to recruit California? Like I said....MR is not the only coach that can get California kids and for a tweet to insinuate that is crazy. That ia what that tweet is doing.

The only reason someone would quote this nut would be to insinuate if we lose MR we won't get these type of kids. That has no factual basis either......lol. ......and we have heard this before. See Billy C.

The tweet in question has no factual basis, the tweet from the recruit said nothing but thanks to NU, fans etc...that he opening his doors again. Very classy kid.

Good for the kid. If he is unhappy let him look.

As for my statement if we were winning it is factual things would be different.

We probably wouldn't be discussing it, MR would be in a stable tenure. The reason he is not is not my fault....it falls on him. So don't blame me or get upset when I don't fall in the pro Riley camp.

Not sure what you took personally, but last time I looked I could share my opinion whether you personally agree or not. At least I'm not quoting a tweet that at best is inflammaory in suggesting NU is in the wrong.

I'm pro NU....i want what is best for all involved. Sounds like the kid has his head together and it will work out for all involved.

Last edited:

I think the only personal stuff was your response to me via pm.

I didn't post an opinion of the tweet....i posted a fact that many posters and folks running the board are posting their opinion or tweets through stuff like this that holds no more merit than if another coach comes forward and we all of a sudden won't be able to recruit California? Like I said....MR is not the only coach that can get California kids and for a tweet to insinuate that is crazy.

The only reason someone would quote thus nut would be to insinuate if we lose MR we won'
Get these type of kids. That has no factual basis either......lol

The tweet in question has no factual basis, the tweet from the recruit said nothing but thanks to NU, fans etc...that he opening his doors again.

Good for the kid. If he is unhappy let him look.

As for my statement if we were winning it is factual things would be different.

We probably wouldn't be discussing it MR would be in a stable tenure. The reason he is not is not my fault....it falls on him. So don't blame me.

Not sure what you took personally, but last time I looked I could share my opinion whether you personally agree or not. At least I'm not quoting a tweet that at best is inflammaory in suggesting NU is in the wrong.

I' pro NU....i want what is best for all involved. Sounds like the kid has his head together and it will work out for all involved.

I stand by what I wrote in response to your post in this thread.

Your entitled to your opinion unless you make it personal which you did in your post.

Everyone who posts here wants what is best for Nebraska you and I and the whole board thus there was no need to make the comments you did.

Nor was I was personal in the PM I sent you. I also stand behind that too. Then again this is not the place to discuss that which is why I sent you a PM in the first place.

We have both had our say now its time to move on

FWIW I personally have no clue who the guy was that wrote the tweet but that was not my issue with your post. FWIW after finding out who the guy was just sounds like another fan with an opinion certainly far from an expert. So that probably should have been pointed out when it was posted.

As to what is factual or not factual with all that is going on these days sometimes its Hard to discerene what is and is not fact.

RR

Last edited:
I stand by what wrote in response to your post in this thread.

Your entitled to your opinion unless you make it personal which you did in this thread.

Everyone who posts here wants what is best for Nebraska you and I and the whole board thus there was no need to make the comments you did.

Nor was I was personal in the PM I sent you. I also stand behind that too. Then again this is not the place to discuss that which is why I sent you a PM in the first place.

We have both had our say now its time to move on

RR

Sounds fair.........will do and stand by my post. I always do.

Last edited:

I honestly just want what is best for our program. If the leadership of the university can look in the mirror and say that this football program will have its best product if MR is retained, then so be it. But the fans have questions, boosters have questions, alum has questions. The speculation surrounds one common factor: lack of consistently good football on the field. It's not about what one fan is saying or what a recruit is saying, it is about the actions of the team on the field on Saturdays. And it is in question right now. We didn't finish the end of last year Well, the bowl game was extremely lethargic, and the start of this year has been much of the same after so much hype from the off season. Everyone wants to know where that hype is at on the field.

Forgive me. Who is Chris Tussing?

Judging by his tweets, an uninformed citizen when it comes to NU football. I'm not arguing to keep or fire Riley here, but I'd argue that keeping the class together has nothing to do with it. MAAAYYYYBEEEE Bookie comes back if MR gets a vote of confidence, but what AD in their right mind would tell anyone their job is safe for multiple years? More likely, this was really hard for BRH because of his feelings for MR, but he isn't coming regardless IMO. He might look at these games and say, "We'd have beat NIU with me and Josh there", but he can't say that about OSU. He doesn't want to be a part of that kind of beat down year in and year out.

This is what happens when speculation surrounds a coach's job. Right, wrong, or indifferent, there will be a lot of uncertainty, hand wringing, and recruiting movement before December signing rolls around.

That first paragraph is ridiculous. Most of the moderators and many people who supported Riley from jump make the exact opposite argument this Tussing dude is making-they are against keeping the staff just to salvage the class. Lumping a bunch of people together like that is capricious and arbitrary.

As an aside, the fact that you use the bold as an insult is really telling. When we hired MR, my first reaction was WTH?! But I have been pro-Riley since the day he was introduced here and will be until the day he leaves, whether that's Monday, the Monday after Iowa, or 3 years from now. That doesn't mean I'm not critical of him, his assistants, play calling, etc, BTW. Then I'll be pro-the next guy (unless it's Lane Kiffin or Bobby Petrino). Then I'll be pro-the next guy. I'll support the coach at NU and hope he wins because I want the team to win. I guess that is my bad. Maybe some folks in the anti-Riley faction can send out PMs letting us know which coaches we can cheer for and which ones we can't.

That first paragraph is ridiculous. Most of the moderators and many people who supported Riley from jump make the exact opposite argument this Tussing dude is making-they are against keeping the staff just to salvage the class. Lumping a bunch of people together like that is capricious and arbitrary.

As an aside, the fact that you use the bold as an insult is really telling. When we hired MR, my first reaction was WTH?! But I have been pro-Riley since the day he was introduced here and will be until the day he leaves, whether that's Monday, the Monday after Iowa, or 3 years from now. That doesn't mean I'm not critical of him, his assistants, play calling, etc, BTW. Then I'll be pro-the next guy (unless it's Lane Kiffin or Bobby Petrino). Then I'll be pro-the next guy. I'll support the coach at NU and hope he wins because I want the team to win. I guess that is my bad. Maybe some folks in the anti-Riley faction can send out PMs letting us know which coaches we can cheer for and which ones we can't.

What is really telling is try going back and read my origninal post. I didn't bold anything. Yes, so telling!

;)

I also didn't post to insult anyone other than those it may apply to for creating a false narrative that only MR can recruit cali and these types of players.

Secondly my post is spot on in my experience on HM in regards to MR.

Lastly, you are entitled to your opinion as well and thankfully I can choose to concur or not.

Since I know what I experience here, what the actual intent of the quoted tweets said and the recruit said and didn't say. I respectfully disagree, but thanks for taking the time to give me your input.

Duly noted.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back