• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Best way to Pull Pork

I just ordered the electric masterbuilt 30" 189.95 at amazon.com,w/free shipping,big enought for 2 -13 lb turkeys. thanks for the posting,didn't know I needed one,haha

Anyone tried the Pork Puller yet?

see post #8

OK SO I got up at 4AM Saturday and put some pork on the smoker. Thirteen hours later I was ready to give it a try. All I got to say is this is everything it was advertised as and more.. I had two pork butt's and a pork loin ( about 25 Lb of raw meat) on the smoker and I "pulled" all of it in about 4 Min and it was a better job than I could ever have gotten done by hand and it would have taken 30 - 45 Min I bet. Simple but amasing. One word of advice..... make sure you use a variable speed drill, I can't image what a full speed single speed drill would have had happen.

Here is a video that my daughter shot using her Ipod for a single Butt. As you can see it was pulled in about a minute.

[video=youtube_share;sWk6yHPaPJc]http://youtu.be/sWk6yHPaPJc[/video]

I bought this about a month ago and used it this weekend. Smoked three shoulders for 12 1/2 hours. Took me less than two minutes to pull them. I suggest a five gallon bucket on a non skid surface. I got nervous watching that video of Nubugeaters. I saw someone's hand inside the bucket at the beginning. I am considering getting a nice steel stock pot instead of using a bucket.

I agree on the 5 gal buckets. After the first use that I posted here I switched to a 5 Gal bucket. I have used it to do about 60 lb ( finsined meat wt) of pulled pork now for a graduation party. No complaints but the bigger buckets is safer / better. A stock pot may be good too but it could get beat up with the "fingers"

I bought this about a month ago and used it this weekend. Smoked three shoulders for 12 1/2 hours. Took me less than two minutes to pull them. I suggest a five gallon bucket on a non skid surface. I got nervous watching that video of Nubugeaters. I saw someone's hand inside the bucket at the beginning. I am considering getting a nice steel stock pot instead of using a bucket.

Here is what I have. have had wood/ charcoal in the past but for me this works great

Masterbuilt-smoker%5B1%5D.jpg

Alright, the pork puller looks incredible. I have to get one. So I thought I would return a tip for this same smoker.

The one downside with an electric smoker is no smoke ring. However, by accident I found out how to get a ring with this smoker. My tray for the wood chips broke of and then I ran out of the shredded wood chips and it was Easter Sunday with no way to get more. I did however, have the larger size nuggets of wood. I got sizes that would fit through the hole, pushed them in and filled up the hole. I did not use the tray for the smoker and since mine had broke I used the handle end to plug the hole.

As I was cutting the meat, I saw a beautiful smoke ring all around.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back