• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Best way to Pull Pork

Nebugeater

Junior Varsity
20 Year Member
I use Bear Claws and they work well but it takes time. Doing some searching for some alterantives and came across this

[video=youtube_share;n-qNVCZi3Xo]http://youtu.be/n-qNVCZi3Xo[/video]

On top of everything else it looks to be made and sold from North Platte Nebr!!!!!!

While the price isn't bad @ about $70 I was woundering if anyone here had used one before I order.

Here is their web site

http://www.porkpuller.com/

Last edited:
Well I ordered one about 15 Min after I made the origianl post so we will see.....

So hows it working? :wave:got any leftovers ???
chew.gif
Had pulled pork at Luckenbach yesterday it was good.
cowboy.gif

Will let you know once I get it and use. If it shows up this week many have to smoke a butt next weekend!

Those things will give you anal cancer.

Seriously though...I was going to buy some of the bear claws at some point, but post a review on this thing when you get one!

OK SO I got up at 4AM Saturday and put some pork on the smoker. Thirteen hours later I was ready to give it a try. All I got to say is this is everything it was advertised as and more.. I had two pork butt's and a pork loin ( about 25 Lb of raw meat) on the smoker and I "pulled" all of it in about 4 Min and it was a better job than I could ever have gotten done by hand and it would have taken 30 - 45 Min I bet. Simple but amasing. One word of advice..... make sure you use a variable speed drill, I can't image what a full speed single speed drill would have had happen.

Here is a video that my daughter shot using her Ipod for a single Butt. As you can see it was pulled in about a minute.

[video=youtube_share;sWk6yHPaPJc]http://youtu.be/sWk6yHPaPJc[/video]

Last edited:

excellent! now I have to get a smoker to smoke some meat then i'll get this puller...thanks for the motivation!

Was in Sams Club last week getting the pork butt and saw that they had it now for $299. That is a good price for this. I believe Costco has it too. Along with Cabella's and Bass PRo. THere are two sizes. I have the larger and that is what is in the photo and what Sams has.

Search Masterbuilt 40" electric smoker

This is model 20070311

How much did that thing run ya?

Last edited:

Thanks. I guess I'll be making a run to Sam's Club this week to check it out...Problem is I can't eat 25lbs of meat in a week! LOL.....

Freezer works great. I always smoke more than I ever would use when I go to the effort if smoking meat. IT is just as good warmed fromt he freezer.

Thanks. I guess I'll be making a run to Sam's Club this week to check it out...Problem is I can't eat 25lbs of meat in a week! LOL.....

Here is what I have. have had wood/ charcoal in the past but for me this works great

Masterbuilt-smoker%5B1%5D.jpg

I have that one too and got it from Sam's.

The larger size is the way to go. I think the smaller one might not fit a full rack of ribs w/o it being palced on the diagonal on a shelf, whcih would limit the number of racks you could get in it. It isn't much more money than the smaller size either.

Love the electric - the temperature control is great. Purists may sniff at it, but if you can't tend a wood-fired smoker all the time this is a very good way to go. The electric takes care of the temp; you just throw in a handful of chips now and then.

The glass door front has "smoked over", though, need to find a way to clean it that doesn't involve chemicals that might be released into the inside when it heats up...

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back