• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ameer Abdullah

Highlighted was pretty much my response. I am old enough to remember Scott Baldwin but he was unimpressive enough that I had forgotten him until Rat mentioned him. Our lists are at least in the same neighborhood.

Funny, because Baldwin was one of TO's favorites. I guess TO didn't know anything about I-backs.

Funny, because Baldwin was one of TO's favorites. I guess TO didn't know anything about I-backs.
Link? You can not make a claim like that without backing it up with a quote where he said it. Oh and even IF what you claim is true. I know from my years of coaching. Favorite does not mean best. Many of my favorite players in the sports I coached were not close to being the best athletes. They were the hardest working. One girl I coached in Volleyball for instance. She put her heart and soul into every game. She was not however my best player. She barely cracked the starting lineup.

If AA only had the OL that some had who are ahead of him on these lists. I'd take AA over anyone.
You would take him over Rozier? You obviously never saw Rozier run. That guy had strength and speed.
In 82 AA may not have even cracked the top 3.

You might have been asleep some of those years. To think Buckhalter was a couple rungs down is simply comical. If Baldwin had played his last two years without the psychological issues we'd probably have rated him up there with LP. And to mock Clinton's abilities to score in the redzone is ignorant behavior. Clinton ran through the line and could break the chalk with the best. To lump guys like Correll or Clinton with Damon Benning was probably some undertone of insult. I'm not going to belittle any of them like that. They were all part of the Husker legacy.

1. Buckhalter wasn't good enough to beat out Dan Alexander. He never had a season over 800 yards. The guys on this list were exceptional, not just very good RB's.

2. Baldwin never did anything exceptional on the football field at NU. Not much yardage, only your "projection" that he was as good as LP. That is a joke.

3. Clinton Childs had 3 TD's as a Senior while LP was suspended, and about 400 yards. He was no TD machine as you describe him. Benning had more TD's (4) and roughly the same yardage. Same thing as Juniors. Your invention of Clinton Childs as a "great" NU back is only valid if you think evey 3rd teamer from the 90's was great.

We've had a history of great RB's, but not everyone of them deserve that moniker...many were just very good RB's.

Last edited:
You would take him over Rozier? You obviously never saw Rozier run. That guy had strength and speed.
In 82 AA may not have even cracked the top 3.

Meh, Rozier would have came in in the 2nd half after AA already had his 200 yards.

Meh, Rozier would have came in in the 2nd half after AA already had his 200 yards.
Rozier Heisman trophy, Averaged 7 yards per carry Jr and Senior seasons. Was an all American Jr and Senior seasons.

Abdullah never averaged more than 6 per carry. AA Was never an all american and was all conference just 1 year.

Rozier had 200 more career yards in one less season. This is not even a defensible position on your part. Rozier had at least one pro bowl season Ameer is still waiting to be the starter in Detroit.

Rozier Heisman trophy, Averaged 7 yards per carry Jr and Senior seasons. Was an all American Jr and Senior seasons.

Abdullah never averaged more than 6 per carry. AA Was never an all american and was all conference just 1 year.

Rozier had 200 more career yards in one less season. This is not even a defensible position on your part. Rozier had at least one pro bowl season Ameer is still waiting to be the starter in Detroit.
Not defensible? LOL, are you one of these 'OL has been fine' guys? Hate to break it to you but the OLs can't even be compared so your stats are meaningless. I still say all things being equal, AA is better than the rest.

His career statistics speak louder than TO, who liked every player.
Yet you have Derek Brown, who couldn't beat him out of the I-back position, on your list. You know, the same guy that trailed Leodis Flowers. And in Brown's junior season Calvin Jones had half the carries, but over 2 yards more per carry. You are consistently inconsistent.

Last edited:
Not defensible? LOL, are you one of these 'OL has been fine' guys? Hate to break it to you but the OLs can't even be compared so your stats are meaningless. I still say all things being equal, AA is better than the rest.
No but if you had taken time to watch that video you would have seen that Rozier did a lot on his own. That third play on the video is a fine example. He did that against UCLA not a weak FCS team. Which was AA only memorable play.

No but if you had taken time to watch that video you would have seen that Rozier did a lot on his own. That third play on the video is a fine example. He did that against UCLA not a weak FCS team. Which was AA only memorable play.
Only memorable play? You are delusional. AA had to make plays/yards for himself most of the time. Rozier had open holes in the 1st quarter and a beaten defense in the 2nd.

Get real.

1. Rozier
2. LP
3. Ahman
4. Roger Craig
5. Calvin Jones
6. IM Hipp
7. Helu
8. Burkhead
9. Abdullah
10. Kinney

The reason i have him so low is that all the others had real competition splitting time with them. Rozier overlapped with Craig who overlapped with Redwine who overlapped with Hipp.

Helu and Burkhead had a lot of overlap. Then Rex overlapped with AA however. AA Junior and Senior year there was no one really splitting time with him. So he ended up with crazy numbers.
Rozier
LP
Ahman
Abdullah

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back