• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Update: Calvin to pick between Nebraska and Washington State

Status
Not open for further replies.
PSU's average nat'l rank (rivals) for 2011 thru 2016 is 32, several spots below MSU and 12 spots above Wisc.

Again, the notion that NU has to have consecutive Top 10 or 15 classes with multiple 4* and 5* players to compete with Mich. and tOSU is erroneous and the record proves it.

Since the inception of the B1G CCG Wisc has been there more than any other team, MSU is second.
And BTW Michigan has never played in the game.

B1G CCG Records:

WISC. 2-2
MSU 2-1
OSU 1-1
PSU 1-0
NU 0-1
IaU 0-1
Let me add that most of their appearances were not in the "Weak West" They were in a division with PSU and OSU. So that should not be used to discount their accomplishments.

A little closer to topic, when it gets this close to NSD is it assumed that almost everyone left will wait until that day to announce? Do the coaches encourage the recruit to wait if they think they have a silent commit so they don't have to fend off the other schools? It just seems strange that we are out a week away and most of these recruits seem interested but they aren't committing.

There really aren't very many head coaches who coach into their seventies. Snyder, Paterno, and Bryant are among the very, very few.

I agree, it's a small list. Really doesn't speak to MR's thoughts on the matter though. Only time will tell, neither of us have an idea how long he'd want to coach. Was just saying it wouldn't be unheard of. Heck, even if he only goes until 70 that still would be 8 more years.

Do I need to lock this thread? I have asked twice for this thread to get back on topic. I could lock 5 or 6 of you out right now. PLEASE get back on topic.

Thanks

RR

Sorry RR, saw this after my last post. I'll move along on the issue.

A little closer to topic, when it gets this close to NSD is it assumed that almost everyone left will wait until that day to announce? Do the coaches encourage the recruit to wait if they think they have a silent commit so they don't have to fend off the other schools? It just seems strange that we are out a week away and most of these recruits seem interested but they aren't committing.

Calvin has said he will decide on NSD. Lewis and Johnson will too as will Daniels.

I would think in a case or two a kid will commit and then announce on signing day because of a commit to a school ceremony or just because.

I still think we have a shot at Calvin and think Daniels from all I can gather will pick Nebraska too. Lewis and Johnson if I had to bet will go with USC.

The high * star guys can commit when ever they want as there will be a place for them.

RR thanks for the response, taking your information into consideration and coupled with the fact that Lenoir's girlfriend just committed to SJSU instead of Oregon, it is an extreme possibility that NU ends up with Calvin, Lenoir, Daniels, Rufdal, and Blades as NSD commits and still has room for some great surprises like Lewis and Johnson. :Corn2:

if we get 4 out of 5 I would prefer in order: Blades, Lenoir, Daniels, Rafdal, but wouldn't be upset if we got Calvin. Love his talent, but I am worried that if he gets off to a rough start at NU, he will transfer.

if we get 4 out of 5 I would prefer in order: Blades, Lenoir, Daniels, Rafdal, but wouldn't be upset if we got Calvin. Love his talent, but I am worried that if he gets off to a rough start at NU, he will transfer.
I think Daniels is higher because of need. Blades and Lenoir are both "special" level talent but we need a NT on roster. Even if hes not physically ready, and I'd assume he's not in college football shape, he can be ready to play in 18. As for calvin, I think I'd prefer a big body reciever at this point, but he's a talent we have to take

I can see your point, but unless Kalu was hurt in the bowl game, I think Blades or Lenoir could possibly start. It seemed like Jones also regressed towards the end of the season. I do think we have some guys currently on the roster who could be run stuffers and I think they are going to more Barrett over to the defense. Having said all that I would be happy with any of them, I just hope we get more than one and that those that are waiting for NSD are kind to us. I can't take another day like 1/7/17

Jackson would be next man up at corner. He was as highly rated as these two and he's been in our S&C program for a year and recieving college level coaching

Do I need to lock this thread? I have asked twice for this thread to get back on topic. I could lock 5 or 6 of you out right now. PLEASE get back on topic.

Thanks

RR
Seriously, Calvin will commit to us or he won't. Everything else is speculation and rhetoric on our part. What is your problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back