• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked A look at the way Suh plays from a former monster of the midway

Status
Not open for further replies.

I played linebacker in High School. I can say that I had my bell rung a few times from interior hits -which probably explains some of my incoherent posts - I think it does cause as much damage...take Mike Webster for example...
I wondered what was wrong with you all this time! LOL!! Concussions happen in football. I like they try to protect players from it, but it is a danger of playing the game. It is like fatalities in the armed services. Sometimes just can't be avoided.

I've sometimes wondered if a softer (but thick) helmet would make a difference. Something that would still protect your head, but couldn't be used as easily as a weapon when hitting.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if it starts trending that way in the near future.

It's not a dirty play. It's a football play. He was correctly penalized, but it doesn't mean he had "dirty" intentions

that play on Delhomme was a dirty play...what are you watching?? Whether his intent was "dirty" is irrelevent...the act itself was "dirty" and shows a lack of control/maturity. I hope he has learned from this year and realizes you don't have to be a douche on the field to intimidate other players...I can garuantee you that other NFL OL are not getting "intimdiated" by Suh and some of his extracuricular antics.

that play on Delhomme was a dirty play...what are you watching?? Whether his intent was "dirty" is irrelevent...the act itself was "dirty" and shows a lack of control/maturity. I hope he has learned from this year and realizes you don't have to be a douche on the field to intimidate other players...I can garuantee you that other NFL OL are not getting "intimdiated" by Suh and some of his extracuricular antics.

Total Wussification of football almost complete. Congrats.

The Packer OL who pulled Suh down was playing dirty. Untieing his shoes is dirty. The A&M player grabbing the cotton balls was dirty. Suh's play on Delhomme was fast and violent, and a little out of control. When you play like that, you're going to earn a few penalties. But it's not dirty.

Total Wussification of football almost complete. Congrats.

That particular play has nothing to do with "wussification". You don't go throwing people around with their head. Period. When he launched McCoy in the Big 12 title game that was different that what he did to delhomme. Totally.

That particular play has nothing to do with "wussification". You don't go throwing people around with their head. Period.

That's why he was penalized.

The "wussification" comments were directed at unmartin's post. If you think hard, fast, violent football is "dirty" you're contributing to the wussification of football.

When he's got criticism coming I'll criticize...I won't come up with silly weight transfer arguments.

Probably a good decision. If you don't understand the physics behind it, any argument you offered would very likely be silly.

That's why he was penalized.

The "wussification" comments were directed at unmartin's post. If you think hard, fast, violent football is "dirty" you're contributing to the wussification of football.

Never said that. Dirty football is dirty football. Suh's play (the one I posted...as well as the kick/stop/step) was dirty.

As for all the head to head crap...It drives me nuts. It gets called way too much IMO and it's completely unavoidable in (I would say) most cases. I get why they want to limit that type of contact. I just don't think there's any way to eliminate it. In football heads are going to collide sometimes...even with perfect technique. You can hit a stationary tackling dummy without your head getting too involved but another guy who is moving, ducking, etc...impossible to regulate.

You mistakenly believe that because you don't understand it.

Listen, Einstein...I get what you were saying in your silly defense of suh. And agree...if his intent were to truly injure the guy he would have really "stomped" him. It's not much different than what Christian Laettner did (although Suh's was a little worse): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AwYVTB2rZw No real intent to hurt the guy but classless nonetheless.

Listen, Einstein...I get what you were saying in your silly defense of suh. And agree...if his intent were to truly injure the guy he would have really "stomped" him. It's not much different than what Christian Laettner did (although Suh's was a little worse): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AwYVTB2rZw No real intent to hurt the guy but classless nonetheless.

Nice personal attack..

Now, I agree with HD.. it is the wussification of the NFL, period. Next thing they will have green jerseys on QB's in the game.

The only play that Suh could be considered dirty was the stomping incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back