• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2nd spring game in the works?

Hummmmmm I'm paying attention. Maybe you should. You are using your SE love to tear down Moos for what your buddie couldn't do. Sell out memorial for a Spring game. Why you feel you need to rip on Moos for doing his job can only be explained by your hatred for him because he took over for SE. Oh well.........you have a long healing process in front of you. Good luck.
LOL. I'm fine with Moos and never liked SE, but I can see that you've got it hard for this fantasy you've created...far be it from me to burst your bubble for you.

As far as I can tell Moos hasn't really done anything but what he was told to do so far. They gave him $35 million to get SF to come to his dream job and great...he succeeded. Since then, he apparently has stayed out of the way of the workers/coaches in the department, which is a good thing (better than SE). And, while he was not sharp enough to foresee the quick sellout and potential for upset fans over the Spring game ticket mess, he is reacting quickly in an effort to minimise the anger. That's a good thing and I've commended him for it. This whole thing is not a big deal regardless, but it sure is funny watching so many folks on this board get upset at the most modest of criticisms of the new Jedi master, Bill Moos. Honestly, he has to be in cowboy heaven getting paid a fortune for executing the simplest game plan (get Frost with open wallet) ever devised. He'll be around as long as we let him stay and I'm fine with that.

So a season ticket holder who has already paid for his seats and cant make a game can’t use the secondary market? Let’s not be silly here.

Make a way for them to get face value through the university. Then every husker fan can contact the ticket office to find a ticket.

Make a way for them to get face value through the university. Then every husker fan can contact the ticket office to find a ticket.
If they wanted a more fair solution, they could:

- make the Spring game purchase as an option for Season ticket holders, with a slight mark-up ($5) over general admission for the Spring game, to retain your existing seat.
- sell the rest as general admission (2 tiers), but with a lower price for end zone seats.
- any seats not sold would be made available for walk-up purchase for $5 on game day.

If they wanted a more fair solution, they could:

- make the Spring game purchase as an option for Season ticket holders, with a slight mark-up ($5) over general admission for the Spring game, to retain your existing seat.
- sell the rest as general admission (2 tiers), but with a lower price for end zone seats.
- any seats not sold would be made available for walk-up purchase for $5 on game day.
Am I reading this right? You want to have a season ticket holder be charged more?

Am I reading this right? You want to have a season ticket holder be charged more?
Nope, they can buy their tickets as general admission just like other fans, but they have other favorable options:
1) getting a guaranteed seat for just $5 more if they opt to buy with their season tickets, and
2) they also get the option of sitting in their regular season ticket seats, if they exercise the early option.

But, if they needed 20 tickets, would have to buy at least some when general admissions went on sale.

I know you and many others think being a season ticket holder entitles you to more than just season tickets...this plan would still give advantages to season ticket holders but would open up the sales to build the fanbase. After all, it is just a scrimmage.

Last edited:

And, while he was not sharp enough to foresee the quick sellout and potential for upset fans over the Spring game ticket mess, he is reacting quickly in an effort to minimise the anger. That's a good thing and I've commended him for it. This whole thing is not a big deal regardless, but it sure is funny watching so many folks on this board get upset at the most modest of criticisms of the new Jedi master, Bill Moos. Honestly, he has to be in cowboy heaven getting paid a fortune for executing the simplest game plan (get Frost with open wallet) ever devised. He'll be around as long as we let him stay and I'm fine with that.

Spot on. No way Bill Moos could have foreseen the sell-out. He is reacting in the best interest of Husker fans. What more can he do?

They gave him $35 million to get SF to come to his dream job and great...he succeeded.

Link please as I've never seen this stated anywhere. He was hired 5 games before seasons end. At that point we were pretty sure he would get rid of ho-hum, but weren't sure who was on his radar. In fact, if it wasn't for Matt Davison Bill may not have even gone after Scott.

Link please as I've never seen this stated anywhere. He was hired 5 games before seasons end. At that point we were pretty sure he would get rid of ho-hum, but weren't sure who was on his radar. In fact, if it wasn't for Matt Davison Bill may not have even gone after Scott.

1. no one is foolish enough to announce specific plans like these to the public, in case they fail.

2. Bill Moos had no connection to Matt Davison and would be unlikely to take the counsel of a radio announcer he just met.

3. You can believe whatever you want, but it is obvious that the powers were ready for change and that their preferred choice was Scott Frost. And, since SF got $35 million it is clear they get Bill a nearly open wallet.

None of this is really in doubt, but you are free to believe it was all just coincidental and fate took over (or was TO driving the ship from the shadows?).

Last edited:
ill Moos had no connection to Matt Davison and would be unlikely to take the counsel of a radio announcer he just met.
I may have stated that wrong but without Matt, Scott probably wouldn't have been here. And I bet he, or the boosters, put the bug in Moos' ear. As much as Matt kept after Scott, I think is why he is here. I'm not sure if he would have come without Matt's help. He didn't want to leave UCF the way it was, so I don't think it was because of Moos/boosters.

Looks like we might disagree which you are allowed to do. :nod:

I may have stated that wrong but without Matt, Scott probably wouldn't have been here. And I bet he, or the boosters, put the bug in Moos' ear. As much as Matt kept after Scott, I think is why he is here. I'm not sure if he would have come without Matt's help. He didn't want to leave UCF the way it was, so I don't think it was because of Moos/boosters.

Looks like we might disagree which you are allowed to do. :nod:
I think it was a super easy decision for SF to come to his dream job. He played it up perfectly, to make it appear to be a tough, heart-breaking decision. This allowed him to get a higher salary, return a "hero," and kept him in good graces with UCF administration, fans, and most importantly the team that he quit on. He did exactly what he should have done and it all worked out great. This is all just my opinion, of course.

Last edited:
I think it was a super easy decision for SF to come to his dream job. He played it up perfectly, to make it appear to be a tough, heart-breaking decision. This allowed him to get a higher salary, return a "hero," and kept him in good graces with UCF administration, fans, and most importantly the team that he quit on. He did exactly what he should have done and it all worked out great. This is all just my opinion, of course.
And you are not a Nebraska fan, but rather someone that pretends to be a fan, who trolls this board with ridiculous posts saying SF is a phony. IMO.

#sixminuteabs

Last edited:

Didn't read the entire thread, but if I were them I'd go slow on this, unless the concept is actually very different than just another spring games, as *** suggested. They don't know where the edge of attendance demand is, so they may not want to water down the notion of "The Spring Game". It and how Nebraskans treat it is a great tradition. I'd leave it how it is.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back