• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

2017 Stanley Cup Playoff Thread

I watched them play all year and I would take the their D over Pittsburgh or Washington.

Not to mention the Rangers have had the Caps number for the last 5 or 6 years in the playoffs.

Regular season games as we both know really do not mean much in the playoffs. Totally different facing a team for 4 to 7 games straight than a one off in the regular season.

I agree Lunquist is the best player on the team then again as Torts said a few years back if your goal keeper is not your best player you more than likely you will not win the Cup.

Every series from here on in will be tougher with out a doubt. NO easy road which is why its the hardest league to win.
Their defense doesn't have to be as good as they are the top two scoring teams in the league. And they both have bonafide superstars which the Rangers don't have outside of Lundqvist, who hasn't played like himself this year. Regular season doesn't mean much but neither does past playoffs. And Torts had the best team in hockey a couple of seasons and couldn't get the job done.

I hope I am wrong but I see little chance the Rangers beat the Penguins unless Lundqvist takes over the game.

Last edited:

Hell, thanks for the back and forth there guys. It gives me something to think about, and more info that I may or may not heed.

Yes he did but injuries were crippling (which is my point about Pittsburgh tis season). Just look at a couple of seasons ago when they lost Zuc to a skull fracture and MacDonugh was playing on a broken foot and they lost to Tampa Bay in the Easter Conference Final. I remember telling my daughter had we been healthy we would had beat both Tampa and Chicago. In the playoffs its who is the healthiest and who is peaking. The Pens were an 8th seed but had both the peak and the health last season and had a goalie who was on a tear. Which is and was my point.

The Rangers may not win it but we have a lot going for us this time around. Most of all we are healthy and that is huge. Lundquist so far is in the zone and we have shown we can play any style of game to move forward. I expect Ottawa with a 1-3-1 to try and clog the neutral zone like Montreal did to slow down the Rangers and hope we make mistakes and they try to win by countering it. Its the only chance they have to win. The Rangers have shown they can adjust and play a different style if they have too. I expect to win this series against Ottawa for that if no other reason.

Their defense doesn't have to be as good as they are the top two scoring teams in the league. And they both have bonafide superstars which the Rangers don't have outside of Lundqvist, who hasn't played like himself this year.

I hope I am wrong but I see little chance the Rangers beat the Penguins unless Lundqvist takes over the game.

You made my case in that Tort
Their defense doesn't have to be as good as they are the top two scoring teams in the league. And they both have bonafide superstars which the Rangers don't have outside of Lundqvist, who hasn't played like himself this year. Regular season doesn't mean much but neither does past playoffs. And Torts had the best team in hockey a couple of seasons and couldn't get the job done.

If Fleury remains in goal for Pittsburgh I don't seem them hoisting the cup. Murray needs to get back between the pipes. But yes Go Penguins.

Nope If I watch the game which I do not except in passing..I have been a Pitt fan since the old days of Lemieux and Jagr

Pitt has some up and coming players drafted... Some gutty wings for sure

Pitt has some up and coming players drafted... Some gutty wings for sure

Rangers have some very good young players who are starting to break out too. Future is bright in many ways for both the Pens and Rangers. My daughter is a huge Pens fan thus I know them quite well too. :)

Murray is ten times better than Fleury which is why he was in net. Pittsburgh does have the best back up in the league.

Murray is still a novice who frankly got lit up this year quite a bit.

Fleury is has won 375 games and he is only 32. If exceeds 400 in his career and has already won two Stanley Cups he has a real shot at the Hall Of Fame.

If they are dumb enough trade him some top teams will come in and grab him. He could easily approach 500 wins with the right team.

Ten times better....you can not be serious.

FWIW Fleury is not a back-up....

Murray is still a novice who frankly got lit up this year quite a bit.

Fleury is has won 375 games and he is only 32. If exceeds 400 in his career and has already won two Stanley Cups he has a real shot at the Hall Of Fame.

If they are dumb enough trade him some top teams will come in and grab him. He could easily approach 500 wins with the right team.

Ten times better....you can not be serious.

FWIW Fleury is not a back-up....
Serious as a heart attack. 'the flower' makes me nervous every time he steps on the ice. Not saying Murray is significantly better but he is better and younger. I think you are getting to much sun in your old age and is affecting your mind. Stay out of the sun and you will feel better.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back