• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

“Voluntarily skipping the bowl game”

You have me confused with someone else.

I rarely call out specific current players.

One post is hardly a highjacking, unless you're a social justice warrior looking for a cause.
Even one post trashing a player is one too many.

Even one post trashing a player is one too many.

I didn't blame him for Nebraska's crappy showings in recent years, call him out for particular poor plays, etc. Don't agree that he was being 'trashed' at all and I think my opinion that he's digressed since his freshman year is valid.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

im more of a where do they draw the line on when they think its worth playing in a game or not. why are the playoff games more important? if they get hurt and lose millions when they get hurt in a playoff game ,why is that ok vs. other "meaningless" bowl games. there is definately a few games a year on every teams schedule that they probably can win without their star player, why risk injury in those games?

Last edited:

Jake Butt, a highly regarded tight end prospect tore his ACL which cost him in the draft.

This is the first thing that popped in my mind when I read the title of this thread. I don't like it, but if they are a highly regarded first round pick, I do not blame them for skipping a bowl game that will have no bearing on their NFL career.

there is definately a few games a year on every teams schedule that they probably can win without their star player, why risk injury in those games?

That's it - that's what they do in the NBA "getting guys healthy for the REAL season" (which to me means that the "regular" season is exhibition to an extent, right?)

Last edited:

To me it's a character issue........... We simply see things differently.

Being former military and from a military family I understand character very well but this situation is something completely different. To think a few kids lack character because they are doing what is best for them and their families future by not playing one game that matches a couple 7-5 teams together is baffling. No, protecting the financial future of ones family does not show a lack of character.

C

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back