• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Search results

1. WestTexasHusker

Smokies fly fishing

Had some great fly fishing this last week in the Smokies. Mostly rainbows but a few brookies. Spring fly fishing in the Smokies is the best!
  2. WestTexasHusker

How can Kadyn Proctor be eligible?

Everyone is eligible these days! Having to sit out a year is against the law. It will be interesting to see how many of these serial transfer athletes are working greeter at Wal-Mart in a few years.
  3. WestTexasHusker

The Official Troy Dannen look-alike thread.

Yeah I don’t get it
  4. WestTexasHusker

I’ll never forgive him for changing us to a west coast offense.
  5. WestTexasHusker

Tony Danza??
  6. WestTexasHusker

Trev says $15-20 million per year for player salaries

The Magic 8 are as follows: A&M Texas USC SMU Ohio State Michigan Notre Dame Stanford (if they choose to be) These are the programs that can spend everyone else under the table and never miss the money. It is possible Penn State and one or two others are in this group, but I have my doubts...
  7. WestTexasHusker

aTm, Texas, SMU, yes. They can fund pro teams. The others, nope. Tech and TCU have the funds to at least pretend.
  8. WestTexasHusker

Yeah facilities are a different bird. States and municipalities aren’t going to bankroll salaries for ballers.
  9. WestTexasHusker

All of them are on their own in Tejas. The state won’t be sponsoring pro sports, 100% guaranteed. Tech might be ok though. Last I heard, their enrollment was well above 40K. Lots of students to tax. But as I mentioned earlier, this is boiling down to 8-10 schools that can hang. Neither...
  10. WestTexasHusker

Yeah, Tejas isn’t going to get into the pro sports business. UT, aTm, and SMU have $ billions at their disposal. Sofa change.
  11. WestTexasHusker

I don’t see the state of Texas subsidizing any pro sports.
  12. WestTexasHusker

It's not a matter of opposing revenue sharing. It's more like "who can afford to revenue share at a cost of $15-20 million a year, just for starters?" If Trev thought we were a candidate for survival, he wouldn't be in College Station right now.
  13. WestTexasHusker

Fair. But his comments give some real insight behind the curtain of the situation.
  14. WestTexasHusker

Agree. There are only a few programs that can play this game long term. Probably count them on 2 hands and have a finger or two left over?
  15. WestTexasHusker

who only knows. point is, this is going to get uber expensive, really fast.
  16. WestTexasHusker

That's just for starters. How many universities are going to play this new game of pro ball? Interesting times. I'm guessing he could see the handwriting on the wall in Lincoln. A&M can spend into oblivion and never miss it.

Back