• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Search results

1. OldFatHerbie

MBB GAME #33 (3/22) #8 Nebraska (23-10) vs #9 Texas A&M (20-14) (Memphis)(FedEx Forum) Tip 5:50 CT TNT GAME THREAD

Texas A&M wants it way more. Applaud their effort, Basketball god is on their side I guess. Exposed.
  2. OldFatHerbie

Trev Alberts to Texas A&M

I have a feeling that when the dust settles this will end up being tons of partial truths (at least) of many of the reasons people have thrown out there rather than one big reason he left. None of the reasons have to be mutually exclusive.
  3. OldFatHerbie

Off Season/Pre-Spring Camp Husker Football News

Interesting stuff about Dante Dowdell. I hadn’t seen or heard anything about that.
  4. OldFatHerbie

McCord is gone

I can post some (likely) BS I’ve seen on the internet. 1. Wasn’t guaranteed a start for the bowl game after leading a team to 11 wins and close loss. 2. No guarantees to start next year with highly ranked frosh coming in (History doesn’t repeat but it rhymes maybe) 3. NIL, blah blah blah
  5. OldFatHerbie

Inexplicable

All the goodwill built in October is washed away with November. A November we would like to forget (but won’t) and a November the coaching staff should be watching on repeat for 9 months. Is your coaching staff and program in disarray? Just play Nebraska. Are you on a losing streak and need...
  6. OldFatHerbie

Home for the holidays... again

My elderly dad didn’t watch a game this past season and said life was better for it. I’m not inclined to disagree after watching all of the games this year.
  7. OldFatHerbie

Temper tantrum over.

Yeah, fortitude hour in November. Illinois and indiania just did us some favors we don’t deserve. Time to earn.
  8. OldFatHerbie

Michigan cheaters

They want to win and aren’t hurting a single person to do it. I am sure at this point universities have people trying to hack into team Servers. Plan accordingly.
  9. OldFatHerbie

Expectations

I tried to just not have any expectations for Matt Rhule this year. I guess I still don’t. The big ten west isn’t good, and I feel like we have all said that many times over the last dozen years. And still we can’t scale the top of that burning dumpster. Lots of time and money spent by...
  10. OldFatHerbie

Portal wants/needs

Unless your detriment is egregious in a specific position, you are not getting an upgrade from a portal player. You won’t get a huge win unless they had to leave their school they played at for a specific reason
  11. OldFatHerbie

Nebraska vs Michigan Game Thread (9/30/23)

You can field an awesome defense statistically in the big ten with mid recruiting. You cannot create a top 30 offense without “dudes” at either qb, wr, or rb, even with a great o-line. The gophers are in the same boat as us and that game showed it. No rowing will fix that. We absolutely...
  12. OldFatHerbie

You can’t start games against good teams poorly. We did that. Again.
  13. OldFatHerbie

People don’t want to come to Lincoln. No one wants to hear that though. There is a ton of opportunity if you do, but I think the admin and coaching staff understand this. Hence the development School messaging.
  14. OldFatHerbie

FYI this season will be long because there is not a single dynamic playmaker on offense. Not one. All ranked teams will have these people. We do not. If you rationalize that, it makes it easier to handle.
  15. OldFatHerbie

I think they do. The Big Ten West is trash, and you can play defense and gimmick your way through in a few.
  16. OldFatHerbie

Kansas Jayhawks are on abc if we want to see some real football
  17. OldFatHerbie

How much do we win by against NIU?

I think this may end up being a lot like Wisconsin’s game against Buffalo.
  18. OldFatHerbie

Am I delusional to be optimistic about the Huskers?

It’s a good time for the team and staff to head back to Lincoln and reassess all things related to the offense. I had no expectations for year one, but the frustrating thing during the Minnesota game was that I thought the team had adjusted well after half, and then when they had all the...
  19. OldFatHerbie

Now go 2-2. That’s it for now.

I said to some people that after the first half, we would have at least been tied at half with a “mediocre Iowa-style QB” The run game was working more than I think our staff thought. Even when we got stuffed for a 1 yard loss, we were still net plus on our rush plays
  20. OldFatHerbie

Now go 2-2. That’s it for now.

It is what it is. Your season basically resets if you can do that. Loftier goals are dead, yes. But… figure some stuff out and you can get a bowl game in December somewhere.

Back