• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Search results

1. NUinID

Is a good crowd expected for Saturday scrimmage.

The 11 AM start will hurt the crowd. There would be 5-10K more at the game if it was a 1 PM start.
  2. NUinID

Will we live up to expectations? And whose expectations?

Nebraska has enough talent on the team to be pretty good this year. They have had enough talent over the last several years to be at least a bowl team. They have upgraded at the most important position that basically cost them probably 3-4 wins last year. I have said this along with several...
  3. NUinID

Is it a good sign or a bad sign if Dylan doesn’t start game one?

DR like all college football players is not eligible for the draft until he has been in college for 3 years.
  4. NUinID

Is it a good sign or a bad sign if Dylan doesn’t start game one?

I think the odds of DR not starting in the first game are remote. I also think HH most likely sees action and if it is a blowout DK sees the field. I think HH sees a lot of action this year, at least early. His skill set gives the defense something else to think about.
  5. NUinID

Joker 2

My sons and I went and saw the first one in the theaters. Joaquin Phoenix was really good in it. But, I wouldn't say I actually liked the movie. It was more disturbing than entertaining.
  6. NUinID

Deadpool 3

Sounds good. I am not a fan of constant sarcasm. I dislike people that everything out of their mouth is a sarcastic remark. Sarcasm is fine in moderation. It gets old when it is a constant thing from someone.
  7. NUinID

Deadpool 3

Wow, now that is a response. Did it take you over a month to craft this statement or did you just not see my post from Feb. 29th till yesterday? Your explanation is very thorough and heartfelt. I hope you enjoy the movie and aren't disappointed. I wish I was that into something, but I am just...
  8. NUinID

Celebrity Face .... Didn't recognize her

Grace Slick is 84 going on 85 years old.
  9. NUinID

2024 Spring Practice Thread: Thursday, April 25 Coach Rhule, Selected players available after practice

Ralph Brown was at most 5’9” and he was the slightest build of a guy you ever saw. Maybe 170-175 he had little chicken calves. I couldn’t believe how small he was when I saw him at the coaches clinic in 1998.
  10. NUinID

Washington AD Troy Dannen new Huskers AD

Byrne was a great AD. The "Dollar Bill" moniker was stupid and unfounded. Bob Deveney had let everything slide for so long that BB had to spend money and fix things. I have actually heard that BB first choice for the job was Mac Brown. He was doing his first stint at NC at that point.
  11. NUinID

OK so now that you elaborated on your earlier post I agree with you. He still needs to be a communicator and out in the spotlight. Bill Byrne was a great communicator. I always loved listening to him on the Wednesday night Sports Nightly show when I was driving home from work.
  12. NUinID

I doubt he is leaving UW because it is a complicated place. It probably has more to do with that he finds the Nebraska AD job more attractive. Six months ago if the Nebraska job was open he probably would have wanted it.
  13. NUinID

I would say both situations are similar. People are pissed at TA because of what he said not just a few months ago. I have no idea if this guy said anything like that about the job at Washington.
  14. NUinID

What's your point? That this fellow is exactly like Trev Alberts?
  15. NUinID

I don't think it is a red flag at all. He spent multiple years at UNI and at Tulane. Washington is a way better job than Tulane. Nebraska is a better job than Washington. At least it is to this guy. It looks to me he is looking for a place to finish his career.
  16. NUinID

No, they need a leader. A leader that knows how to talk in front of a lectern and can be personable in small groups. Peterson was a ego maniac that thought he needed to change everything at Nebraska and he would be haled as the savior. Eichorst was a bean counter that wasn't suited to the...
  17. NUinID

Series recommendations?

Slow Horses on Apple TV is pretty good. Gary Oldman is the frumpy alcoholic boss of an Mi5 office where they put agents that have frucked up. It’s sounds like a comedy, but it’s not.
  18. NUinID

MBB GAME #32 (3/16) #3 Nebraska (23-9) vs #2 Illinois (24-8) 2:30(ish) CBS GAME THREAD

I am not sure where you get the 22 number from? Nebraska scored 36 in the second half. Shannon is a scorer but he usually isn’t that deadly from 3. He scores closer to his average they win. They missed Wilcher he is a nice sized guy that could have played on Shannon some. You never know...

Back