• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

MBB Game #9, (L, 85-78), Wed, 12/5 @ Minnesota (#55) (6-2), 8:00pm CT, BTN

would have loved to see a TO called with about 4 min to go. stop the momentum. signal to your team you have a plan. get your team into a set and run it. get a good shot.

NU should have won this game. whats frustrating is they won 90% of the game, but still lost.

whatevs....i'm just watching the show. I've been burned by Miles enough to know i can't get too high when they win...... the #24 ranking was exciting though.

NU shot 38.5 % in the 2nd half, Minn 57%.
NU had a season high 19 turnovers.
MInn had 50 pts in the paint
Minn out rebounded NU 37 to 29

Seems like MInny was scoring at will inside during the 4th quarter; and we couldn't! :(

Sorry, no final stats. Minny live stat feed won't load. (didn't want to see 'em anyway)

Well, at least the Ladies Won! :Cheer2::Cheer2::Cheer2:
They were getting to the basket the whole game, as did Texas Tech. And on the rare occasion when they did miss an easy shot, they were able to get the offensive rebound. Terrible.

Last edited:
Not disappointed they lost the game. To me it was a toss up going in. Minnesota is a good solid team. I am disappointed how they lost the game, after leading for 85% of it.

You can bitch all you want about Tim Miles, I am not a BBall x and o guy. Probably should have called some TO at some point at the end of the game.

For me it comes down to Minnesota's superstar player Amir Coffey taking over the game and willing his team to a win. The guy had 32 while Nebraska's superstar scorer James Palmer finishes with 11. Watson and Copeland had their usual nights, Roby scored 15, heck the Heiman had 9 points in 15 minutes. Wouldn't that be nice if they could get 6-8 points out of that kid every night.

Palmer has to score 18 every night against a good team or they aren't going to win. That is probably a simplistic view of things, but Coffey played lights out and Palmer didn't and Nebraska lost.

Unfortunately this is one of those games that annually seems to haunt us. A shoulda win that would have gotten us a buy into the B1G tournament or the one win that keeps us from winning the conference title or the one win that keeps us out of the NCAA tournament. This was a game on the road you just have to finish.

Not disappointed they lost the game. To me it was a toss up going in. Minnesota is a good solid team. I am disappointed how they lost the game, after leading for 85% of it.

You can bitch all you want about Tim Miles, I am not a BBall x and o guy. Probably should have called some TO at some point at the end of the game.

For me it comes down to Minnesota's superstar player Amir Coffey taking over the game and willing his team to a win. The guy had 32 while Nebraska's superstar scorer James Palmer finishes with 11. Watson and Copeland had their usual nights, Roby scored 15, heck the Heiman had 9 points in 15 minutes. Wouldn't that be nice if they could get 6-8 points out of that kid every night.

Palmer has to score 18 every night against a good team or they aren't going to win. That is probably a simplistic view of things, but Coffey played lights out and Palmer didn't and Nebraska lost.

This is a take I agree with. I feel like this loss differs greatly from TTech. We looked like we had never seen a basketball against them. Minny however took over the game themselves and played for their teammate. Would of loved to see a W, but its something to build off of. Creighton Saturday is much more important to me...

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back