• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked RB Terrell Newby To Decide Soon: Update Nike Air Strike: Very Impressive

Status
Not open for further replies.

BornToBeRed

Blackshirt
5 Year Member
247 Sports - Terrell Newby Profile

His final three are California, Oregon, and Nebraska.

Things to consider:

• Oregon has two running back commitments, one in 5* Thomas Tyner and another in 4* Dontre Wilson.
  • California has a running back commitment from 4* DJ Martin.
  • Newby attended Cal's Junior Day back in February, but did not gather a Cal offer until earlier this month.
  • Both Cal and Nebraska have camps this weekend (Big Red Weekend for Nebraska), but Newby plans on being here at Nebraska.
  • Michael Bruntz pointed it out on Husker Illustrated's board: Cal's roster shows quite a bit of depth. Newby knows we need backs.

When you add it all together, it doesn't look too terrible for Nebraska. Who knows -- Maybe he wants to be close to home. But as of this moment? I like our odds.

Update: Newby does not, in fact, hold an offer from Oregon. So this is likely Nebraska and Cal. Still like our odds, though some more knowledgeable than I think Cal.

Update 2: Welp. I was wrong. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

247 Sports - Terrell Newby Profile

His final three are California, Oregon, and Nebraska.

Things to consider:

• Oregon has two running back commitments, one in 5* Thomas Tyner and another in 4* Dontre Wilson.
  • California has a running back commitment from 4* DJ Martin.
  • Newby attended Cal's Junior Day back in February, but did not gather a Cal offer until earlier this month.
  • Both Cal and Nebraska have camps this weekend (Big Red Weekend for Nebraska), but Newby plans on being here at Nebraska.
  • Michael Bruntz pointed it out on Husker Illustrated's board: Cal's roster shows quite a bit of depth. Newby knows we need backs.

When you add it all together, it doesn't look too terrible for Nebraska. Who knows -- Maybe he wants to be close to home. But as of this moment? I like our odds.

IMO Terrell Newby is perhaps Nebraska's #1 rated RB on their board. He is definitely the best RB who has the most serious interest in the Huskers. I know Nebraska is also pursuing other 4* RBs like Tyshon Dye (Georgia), Ryan Green (Florida), David Williams (Pennsylvania), Alvin Kamara (Georgia), Tarean Folston (Florida), Cornelius Elder (Tenn.) and Adam Taylor (Texas), but I dont think those kids are as likely.

If the Huskers miss out, they're sure going to be scrambling to find their RB recruit for this class. ;)

IMO Terrell Newby is perhaps Nebraska's #1 rated RB on their board. He is definitely the best RB who has the most serious interest in the Huskers. I know Nebraska is also pursuing other 4* RBs like Tyshon Dye (Georgia), Ryan Green (Florida), David Williams (Pennsylvania), Alvin Kamara (Georgia), Tarean Folston (Florida), Cornelius Elder (Tenn.) and Adam Taylor (Texas), but I dont think those kids are as likely.

If the Huskers miss out, they're sure going to be scrambling to find their RB recruit for this class. ;)

I'd agree that he's likely the top target. Of those you listed, I don't like our odds a whole lot with many. Kamara will be stay in the southeast, Elder I think ends up playing basketball, and the rest would be tough pulls.

Any educated guess on his decision? Some of the staff at 247 think Cal. I just can't help but think we've got a real shot here.

Last edited:
Hate to crash this party but Newby wont be attending our junior day. He in fact is expected to be signing with Cal. He said the recruiting process is making him nervous and that he may commit within the week. But rumor has it he will still take his five visits with us being one and therefore he will be labeled a soft commit by some of the sources.

Last edited:

I hate to use the word scramble at this point with so much time left, but it does make me nervous how all of the recruiting services that you read its always about the defensive players we are in on, and the offensive ones we lost out on. I in no way shape or form think the sky is falling, but this is a trend I think needs to be broken and soon!

I'd agree that he's likely the top target. Of those you listed, I don't like our odds a whole lot with many. Kamara will be stay in the southeast, Elder I think ends up playing basketball, and the rest would be tough pulls.

Any educated guess on his decision? Some of the staff at 247 think Cal. I just can't help but think we've got a real shot here.

I would put my money on Cal.

So...seriously, are we scrambling for top RB recruits? None of the 4*'s or higher even have us in their top 2 or 3?

I hate to use the word scramble at this point with so much time left, but it does make me nervous how all of the recruiting services that you read its always about the defensive players we are in on, and the offensive ones we lost out on. I in no way shape or form think the sky is falling, but this is a trend I think needs to be broken and soon!

Agreed.

In no way whatsoever are we out of time, but I'd be lying if I said I felt good about the way we are stacking up on our board at QB, RB and OL.

Last edited:
Who would have thought that Nebraska would have a hard time recruiting 4* & 5* RBs. That kind of depresses me a bit.

Also, is there any update on Taylor's little brother Drake. Are we still recruiting him. How great of a prospect is he being considered. I think the last time I read anything on him was when he had that great game last season when he ran for like 3-400+ yards or something.

Who would have thought that Nebraska would have a hard time recruiting 4* & 5* RBs. That kind of depresses me a bit.

Unfortunately, I agree...

facepalm.jpg

Just a quick search on Rivals and there is 26 RB's ranked 4* or better. Only 1 I would consider a midwest kid (Illinois). So there's not a lot to choose from to begin with and even less within our region.

Last edited:

Just a quick search on Rivals and there is 26 RB's ranked 4* or better. Only 1 I would consider a midwest kid (Illinois). So there's not a lot to choose from to begin with and even less within our region.

This is still Nebraska. Marlon Lucky wasn't a midwest kid. Rex Burkhead, Aaron Green, Ameer Abdullah, Lawrence Phillips, Thunder Collins, etc...... Nebraska has always recruited nationally. Location shouldn't be a barrier for us getting consideration from 4 & 5 star RBs given our history with our backs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back