• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Caputo plays!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because it's the common punishment (I had to laugh while typing that word), doesn't mean that it's not a sweetheart deal....maybe it means too many folks are getting sweetheart deals

Then we can stop with the claims that Caputo got a sweetheart deal because of who he is.

Heard the same interview this morning. He said it was a very common deal. And he talked at length about how tough Lincoln is on DUIs. Ideally, they catch someone actually driving who tests over the limit (and no one gets hurt). Slam dunk DUI. But cases where the car isn't moving and is parked on private property are much tougher to get a conviction.

Getting the conviction isn't necessarily more difficult. It is the amount of resources the state has to put into that type of case because EVERY defense attorney worth a salt will take that fact scenario to trial.

That is why the State offers a reduced charge.

Last edited:

This is only right if every single person that gets a DUI while not actually driving is given the option of the same way out. Until then it is just flat out BS.

StopDigging.jpg

Getting the conviction isn't necessarily more difficult. It is the amount of resources the state has to put into that type of case because EVERY defense attorney worth a salt will take that fact scenario to trial.

That is why the State offers a reduced charge.

So in other words, it's more difficult to get a conviction? :)

So in other words, it's more difficult to get a conviction? :)

Right.

Especially in Lincoln, where the number of crimes is high (relative in Nebraska).

Lots of cases, limited budget, prosecutors will let the cases that will go to trial go to plea with MUCH more comfort.

WoW....just had a bunch of young ladies come to the door and sing me a Christmas carol....

THen I come back here and sit down and think...I wonder which one of them will get hit by a drunk who's plea bargained his way out of previous DUIs

WoW....just had a bunch of young ladies come to the door and sing me a Christmas carol....

THen I come back here and sit down and think...I wonder which one of them will get hit by a drunk who's plea bargained his way out of previous DUIs

It's the way of the world, brother.

Sad, just do sad that you want to pile on Caputo like this when you are clueless as to what happened. It appears now that he may not have driven at all, yet you go off with this nonsense trying to pretend like you have the higher ground. Sad, weak, wrong.

You seem to be celebrating this....WHY?

Celebrating that our starting center will play in the bowl game? Yep. Celebrating that it was determined that DUI was too harsh of charge for his "crime"? Yep.

You seem to be totally butthurt about the whole thing. Why?

Sad, just do sad that you want to pile on Caputo like this when you are clueless as to what happened. It appears now that he may not have driven at all, yet you go off with this nonsense trying to pretend like you have the higher ground. Sad, weak, wrong.

How am I going off on Caputo....I'm going off on all drunk drivers....should I give him a sweetheart deal cuz he pleaded down...you wouldn't want that would you?

you don't know what his actual BAC was and neither do the rest of us. The charge was more than likely reduced because when he was tested in an admissable environment he was below the legal limit. Maybe they should publish what that was to stop all this garbage about him getting a sweetheart deal. In the original story they didn't even get what he was doing when the cop pulled up correct.

Caputo's lawyer made a statement that they also talked about on the same morning radio show that former Chief Cassidy was on earlier today. He said that Caputo was not asleep. He was texting. Had the phone down in his lap, and the cop thought he was slumped over asleep. I'm sure the lawyer wouldn't have brought it up if they didn't also have the text records to prove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back