• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Only 4 more wins?

Huskerwirejay

All American
15 Year Member
On paper, there are only 4 games left the NU has a 60% chance of wining right now. Just 4.

2 more games are close, at TCU and PSUon the road. Road wins aren't a Doc strong suit.

At this stage, Iowa and PSU are the only teams in the Big 10 that NU will be favored against.

Key stat of the moment, NU is the 6th most experience team in the nation (based on the fact that most of the minutes are coming from Jr and Sr players).

No much in the NU pipeline.

Random coach name of the week:
[h=3]Mick Cronin[/h]

Cmon man, we can lose more than that. You have to have faith.

Doc's good for a couple of upsets each season. They'll knock off a ranked team, or a team just outside the top 25, at the BDSC, and I wouldn't be surprised if they get a win on the road against a struggling B1G team. It's college bball, so some team will come into Lincoln for a mid-week game not totally focused. Doc eats those situations up.

Doc's good for a couple of upsets each season. They'll knock off a ranked team, or a team just outside the top 25, at the BDSC, and I wouldn't be surprised if they get a win on the road against a struggling B1G team. It's college bball, so some team will come into Lincoln for a mid-week game not totally focused. Doc eats those situations up.
Yep, he is so good at that, that he has never finished above .500 in conference play.

Wow....can't believe I'm the optimist on this board.

Doc's results have been pretty consistent outside of two years ago when he really stunk it up. I think the talent is better this year than last, they just haven't gelled together.

Still think we'll get "doc like" results and win 6 games here on out....

The problem is he will counter the "upsets" with an inexplicable loss or two.

The Big 'Leven had seven teams in The Dance...three Sweet 16....where does that leave us?

Yes, we have some good players....who haven't gelled...

Yep, and that is what the Doc supporters have clung to over the years.

Just wait, he will win a couple they thought he would lose and they will come running..

I know your opinion is based in reality.....but way to pee in my koolaid on a Saturday morning.

he is playing a game.. like he always "tries" to do

Only people with very little knowledge, or playing a game, will do a 360 like Jay has done.

Last edited by a moderator:

Only people with very little knowledge, or playing a game, will do a 360 like Jay has done.
You are correct on that....he is not going to change this quick after 5 years of love and ripping into other posters who have a different opinion or goes to a mod to get you suspended.

This thread is based on a comprehensive review of every game played so far this year by every team NU still has to play. It is not an IMHO post. It is an analysis as of the time of the post.

It is interesting that you believe that the outlook for the remainder of the season that I have posted -- one that seems to be fairly consistent with your outlook for the team -- is something that you suggest can only come from "people with very little knowledge".

You are correct on that....he is not going to change this quick after 5 years of love and ripping into other posters who have a different opinion or goes to a mod to get you suspended.

I find it very telling that you believe that my actions, and not yours, have resulted in getting "you suspended". The term accountability--something I learned from playing sports as a kid--comes to mind.

This thread is based on a comprehensive review of every game played so far this year by every team NU still has to play. It is not an IMHO post. It is an analysis as of the time of the post.

It is interesting that you believe that the outlook for the remainder of the season that I have posted -- one that seems to be fairly consistent with your outlook for the team -- is something that you suggest can only come from "people with very little knowledge".

I find it very telling that you believe that my actions, and not yours, have resulted in getting "you suspended". The term accountability--something I learned from playing sports as a kid--comes to mind.

lol, not what I said.. I said someone who can flip flop (or do a 360) so quickly would have very little knowledge but good try.

comprehensive review of every game played so far

lol, we played what 9 games? yeah, that is comprehensive enough to do a 360!

Last edited by a moderator:

lol, not what I said.. I said someone who can flip flop (or do a 360) so quickly would have very little knowledge but good try.

lol, we played what 9 games? yeah, that is comprehensive enough to do a 360!

A 360 will get right where you were before. Do you mean a 180? That would have you opposite of where you were before.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back