• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked 52,537,500 reasons for joining the B1G

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC Husker

Red Shirt
15 Year Member
That is the total amount of payout of the bowls that the B1G teams play in. So if the B1G gets 1/2 then each school will get $2,189,000. Do you think we got that much last year from the bowl seasons? Nice little incentive for joining I would say. I would have to say this should be a profitable year for the Huskers. So even having to pay the exit fee I would say we are ahead.</SPAN>

and NU won't get a full share for a few years but they are guaranteed to not get less than they would have if they stayed in the Big 12.

Sorry I forgot we don't get the full revenue from the bowl games. But if we can continually get 10 teams to bowls games and 2 bcs games we should be in good shape. I think the B1G is going to be able to field 2 bcs bowl teams for some years to come.

That is the total amount of payout of the bowls that the B1G teams play in. So if the B1G gets 1/2 then each school will get $2,189,000. Do you think we got that much last year from the bowl seasons? Nice little incentive for joining I would say. I would have to say this should be a profitable year for the Huskers. So even having to pay the exit fee I would say we are ahead.</SPAN>

Absolutely, plus with essentially a very similiar record and ranking as last year Huskers playing in a MUCH better bowl compared to last year.

Even when we get a full share, doesn't it work that the actual team playing gets 2 shares and everyone else gets 1, so in our case we would get 1/13th from all but our own bowl?

Even when we get a full share, doesn't it work that the actual team playing gets 2 shares and everyone else gets 1, so in our case we would get 1/13th from all but our own bowl?

I think that is what most conferences do....

I think that's the way the Big 8 did it back in the day. Not sure if that's the case anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back