• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Coaches Poll Out (Huskers drop a spot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first piece did NOT fall in favor of Alabama. OSU closed in substantially. The point differential matters, and it swung in OSU's favor.
That's exactly right. OSU got a chunk of second place votes, so this is not an all 2nd place type of thing.

The first piece did NOT fall in favor of Alabama. OSU closed in substantially. The point differential matters, and it swung in OSU's favor.

We knew Okie State would move up to at least #3 -- especially with VaTech losing and Stanford not playing. But we didn't know if they'd move to #2 or #3. Look, if the Harris Poll also has Alabama #2 and Okie State #3, that's 2/3 of the equation -- and Okie State would be required to have a substantial advantage in the computers to overtake that -- and considering the computers also had Alabama #2 last week, it's hard to imagine they'd fall much.

I don't know how OSU could end up #3 in the Coaches, #3 in the Harris, and even #2 in the computers -- and overtake Alabama in the BCS -- regardless of the points. They need to move up to #2 in the Harris and/or have Alabama drop in the computers. Yes, Okie State is still alive at this point -- but also AT THIS POINT, Alabama would be in. Something is going to have to change in the other two components.

Human preception and biasis and that is what is wrong here....like it or not....

The Harris Poll I expect to be the same.....computers who knows....

This just may blow up in the BCS face this year as there are going to be allot of upset people and rightfully so.....

'Bama deserves the nod over OSU all day long. I have no problem with the results THIS year. Plus the coach's have spoke . WONDER where Pelini ranked everyone???

HUH? I was talking about Nebraska and where we end up....and our preseason ranking....go back and read what I wrote again....nothing about Oklahoma State....

It matters allot for preseason ranking....QUOTE]

It really doesnt matter. IF OSU wins out, they are in , simple. OSU lost to Iowa State, nuff said. Bad loss for OSU compared to 'Bama's loss.

Last edited:

It matters allot for preseason ranking....you lose and perhaps drop out of the Top 25...so yeah winning is something we need to and honestly have to do.....which we should be able to do against South Carolina....sans Latimore and a new QB at the helm....

How does it mean "allot" (assuming you mean, "a lot") for preseason rankings? Nebraska finished 19/20 in 2010 (lost 3 of their 4 final games) -- and was still preseason 10/11 this season. And what exactly do preseason polls mean for Nebraska? If the Huskers go undefeated in 2012 (as I know already you will predict), they'll be in the BCS Championship game. :Biggrin:

Last edited:
It can make a difference...:) :)

How does it mean "allot" (assuming you mean, "a lot") for preseason rankings? Nebraska finished 19/20 in 2010 -- and was preseason 10/11 this season. And what exactly do preseason polls mean for Nebraska? If the Huskers go undefeated in 2012 (as I know already you will predict), they'll be in the BCS Championship game. :Biggrin:

It matters allot for preseason ranking....you lose and perhaps drop out of the Top 25...so yeah winning is something we need to and honestly have to do.....which we should be able to do against South Carolina....sans Latimore and a new QB at the helm....

Preseason ranking really doesn't mean all that much. We'll be in or near the Top 25, and if we take care of business on the field next year, everything else will work itself out. All of the teams that think they should be #2 could have guaranteed themselves a spot if they hadn't lost games throughout the season.

How does it mean "allot" (assuming you mean, "a lot") for preseason rankings? Nebraska finished 19/20 in 2010 (lost 3 of their 4 final games) -- and was still preseason 10/11 this season. And what exactly do preseason polls mean for Nebraska? If the Huskers go undefeated in 2012 (as I know already you will predict), they'll be in the BCS Championship game. :Biggrin:

Absolutely correct. That goes for just about any team in a BCS conference. Even teams like Baylor and K-State, who started this season well outside the Top 25, would have been in the BCS championship game if they had gone undefeated.

My point was the higher the better...less ground to make up....it can matter.....

Preseason ranking really doesn't mean all that much. We'll be in or near the Top 25, and if we take care of business on the field next year, everything else will work itself out. All of the teams that think they should be #2 could have guaranteed themselves a spot if they hadn't lost games throughout the season.

And with a playoff they still could be....but we regress.....

Absolutely correct. That goes for just about any team in a BCS conference. Even teams like Baylor and K-State, who started this season well outside the Top 25, would have been in the BCS championship game if they had gone undefeated.

My point was the higher the better...less ground to make up....it can matter.....

I would like to be highly ranked in the preseason as well, but there are countless examples that show that it really doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back